Having Trouble...Need Help Fast

drummerdoug86

Just today I got my Delta 44 card and I am recording with Cakewalk's Pro Audio 9 software (yeah, yeah, i know its old and outdated). Anyways I am having trouble getting the metronome setting up to a reasonable volume during recording, and when i record guitar, the sound only comes out of the left side. For my source setting, I have tried putting it on "Stereo PCM in 1/2 Delta-44" and "Left PCM in 1/2 Delta-44" but nothing seems to work. Please give me some advice.

I dont know Delta, but I heard Delta 44 doesn't have any MIDI capability. And cakewalk plays metronome using MIDI and/or PC speaker.

Record only one signal on stereo set track will cause the track to record L only. Set audio track to record mono, you should hear audio on both L & R (double mono ?).

I think that it's possible to use a softsynth as the metronome source, which would then play out through the Delta... but I don't know how off the top of my head.

You can't use a DXi soft synth to play back the Sonar metronome. However, you can use a midi click track and play that back through a DXi synth.

Set up a midi track. In Piano Roll put some percussion sound on the quarter notes of the first measure, and then cut and paste that measure for the entire length of the song. Use a DXi to play the midi track.

I usually use a cross stick sound, but you can pick whatever you want - cowbell, tamborene, snare hit, etc.

You can also use Acid Loops for the same purpose without the need for a DXi. However, I'll let someone else explain that one, as I'm still a novice with loops.

I'm sorry, but I thought drummerdoug86 uses Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I don't think it supports DXi.

Stick a mic up to your speakers while getting the click track. Record the click track. Set the level of the new track to be "louder". May be primitive, but it'll work (if you got a mic).

Clemie said:
I'm sorry, but I thought drummerdoug86 uses Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I don't think it supports DXi.
Absolutely right, Clemie. I wasn't paying attention. You can't use DXi or loops in PA9.

So record the PC speaker in audio track will be fine. Just make sure you delete it before mixing down your final job.

Or create an metronome with a hihat or any kind of sound every beat. Make a GrooveClip of it and drag it as far as you want... :)

I was thinkin the metal dashboard hump over the console in '65 chevy pickup, (slapped with the palm of your hand), would the coolest met' or rimshot sound.

:)

AlChuck said:
That's Phil Spector... a spectre is a phantom, a ghost...
Well I guess that's better than Phil Sphincter. :)

And, moskus, he didn't actually use it as a metronome, just brandished it about a bit (during a Ramones session, I think). :D

Back