having the monitor visible to everyone

rudalicious

Hello once again

I was wondering if any of you have your monitors facing somewhere visible to everyone else in the studio(if you have only 1 or 2 rooms).I like having more space and the convinience but then its almost like the privacy is gone. Does anyone else have that the monitor is sacred type feeling? Its more my partner than me but im just wondering all your pro opinions.

Thanks
Rudy

I don't get it?

What is on the screen that you don't want others seeing?? All I have on mine is Cakewalk most of the time...

well now that you put it like that hehe... i guess im not sure i get it either. I kinda feel like ppl would be looking over my shoulder at evreything i do (which they would i guess) and im just wondering if thats how most of you have it and if im just a freak or what.

Rudy,

Yeah I have chairs set up behind me so everyone can watch, and make suggestions. Reality, though most people don't even know what their looking at and they think that all the colors and wav forms are pretty cool looking. (Ohhh, look at all the pretty colors,:D :D ) Plus that's what they're paying for, show em what you're doing, explain stuff. I have gotten a few who have been interested in what I was doing and wanted to learn more, and have developed some great friendships and collaborations. I always try to teach to anyone who is willing to learn. Isn't that the whole spirit of this board and life in general.

larry

My "desktop" is four 19" mag monitors, so anyone in my studio could easily see at least a portion of the desktop even with my fat head in the way.

But if you want to have another monitor somewhere else in the studio, many companies make VGA splitters, which take the signals from your video card, and mimic them to two, four, or eight monitors. I've even seen them on e-bay for less than $70 on occasion.

Once I get things setup again, I will have a NTSC monitor elsewhere in the studio, so the output of adobe premiere can be monitored near the sofa while I'm sitting at the console, as to avoid hovering.

I hate people looking over my shoulder.

Doesn't bother me. (People looking over my shoulder) Heck, have 'em pull up a chair and watch. Eventually they'll get bored and go back and sit on the couch.

Back