having issues with guitar tracks :(

Fortenhell

Hello,
I recorded 4 clean guitar tracks (with two different guitars) and now I want to make them sound fat and huge...like that: STARKILL - New Infernal Rebirth (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube (I don't really like that kind of metal, but I DO like the rythm guitars!)

I tried alot of things and read many tuts about that. I know: I must not to go high gain because it will get muddy,I tried to pan them 100 70 70 100, I tried to pan them 100 0 100 and let the middle track clean...I tried more than ten different amp simulators and/ or cabinet sims...I even tried to take the digital signal of a real amp and sent it through the cabinet sim...I tried all, but using mics (it wouldn't sound good anyways)
Now I'am asking myself if the tracks are the problem...so I uploaded the 4 tracks and wanted to ask you, if you could listen to them and give me some feedback...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw1kk0yalpokn5p/Gitten.rar

I know every guitar has it's own sound, and I'm perfectly fine with that. They don't have to sound exactly like (insert random band here) stuff, no they shouldn't...but whenever I mix the guitars, they seem so flat to me...here is an example of the whole mixdown:
https://soundcloud.com/montgomery-horm/dead-gods-16-12-13
So, are you able, to make those guitars sound awesome, or should I rerecord the tracks with another method?

If you'd like to hear the other raw tracks of the song, let me know... I just can't upload them all right now :)

Thank you!

You tried everything but mic'ing a cab? Like Greg said, why wouldn't it work? It works for millions of others. There's nothing quite like that sound, power, speakers moving.

Do it!

thing is, I can't turn the volume too loud. Also I would have to invest for some Mics (and a new audio interface with more inputs? ) first...
I'd love to try it! But It will be the last solution.

Fwiw, I like the song (soundcloud). You're right - the guitar feels lost in the mix. GT3000XX did a nice job showing off Amplitube and what you can do with some stereo chorus. The configurations in Amplitube are pretty amazing. I've probably done 20 songs using that VST and still haven't needed to wander much out of the presets!

I like the song (soundcloud).

Thank you :)

@topic
I just bought a microphone and I am surprised how great the sound actually is :).
I still have ALOT of work to do, BUT the guitars now finally fill the room!

Can't waint to give you an update!

Last edited:
Back