Have Anyone Tried To Record Inside a Car?

wiguan88

Sound silly, but have anyone here tried to record vocal inside a car?

Close all windows and turn off the engine.

Record using a laptop? :D

I know, you can give me a :facepalm:

Terrible sound environment.
Tyrone Wells recorded a few live version of his tunes while driving between gigs in the band's van. They're fun, but noisy.

Jackson Browne Recorded "Nothing But Time" on the band's tour bus, while riding between Portland,ME and New Jersey- but the OP did mention NOT having the engine running. I am thinking the OP is wondering if a sealed car makes a good sound iso chamber.

And I have no idea. Never gave it much thought.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Keep the engine running and record your own death from carbon monoxide poisoning, perhaps...?:D

Yeah... It's kind of :wtf:

But it's half joke and half serious. Really. :p

Terrible sound environment.
Tyrone Wells recorded a few live version of his tunes while driving between gigs in the band's van. They're fun, but noisy.

My question now, what they do to that take?
Just for demo or they actually publish it?

lol @ recording in mono.

That's sound like a good idea... :drunk:

This came up a few years ago here but I just can't seem to find that old thread.

All I can remember about it was that it would be the same type of vocal recording that one would get from a vocal booth --very dry etc. etc.

This came up a few years ago here but I just can't seem to find that old thread.

All I can remember about it was that it would be the same type of vocal recording that one would get from a vocal booth --very dry etc. etc.

Yes, the idea come from when I watch some people record vocal in a small cupboard that they modified into a "vocal booth".

I never record in the studio hence I'll never know what's the different of the results.

Within a confined area while recording vocals it can sap the energy right out of the performance. If you look at videos on line of major recording studios the vocal booth that many artist are in are actually pretty darn big!
They are in there basically for isolation not the sound that one receives while being in a car, cupboard or a tiny 4'x4' vocal booth.

Within a confined area while recording vocals it can sap the energy right out of the performance. If you look at videos on line of major recording studios the vocal booth that many artist are in are actually pretty darn big!
They are in there basically for isolation not the sound that one receives while being in a car, cupboard or a tiny 4'x4' vocal booth.

I did saw some videos about actual artist recording.
Yes it's bigger than my room :eek:

One more thing dude, if we are to use cardiodid mic which only pick ups sound in the cardiodid shape, why would we need to be in isolation booth?

The near field of the cardioid microphone is the sweet spot of the microphone ..... but will still pick up the tiniest sound in the room if your microphone preamp is cranked to the maximum volume.

Wasn't old school Dave going to record a live album in his car with his band about 20 months ago ? Then he disappeared off the HR radar.
He's probably still in the hospital........or doing time !

Wasn't old school Dave going to record a live album in his car with his band about 20 months ago ? Then he disappeared off the HR radar.
He's probably still in the hospital........or doing time !

Yeah I remember him (or somebody) mentioning that they wanted to do that!

Yeah... It's kind of :wtf:

But it's half joke and half serious. Really. :p

My question now, what they do to that take?
Just for demo or they actually publish it?

That's sound like a good idea... :drunk:

Tyrone put them on his youtube page. Not sure if they are still up there, but never released CD/DVD. At least 1 song wiht just him on guitar, and another with him on guitar and Mark, his drummer, on a cajon.

Back