Have a listen...

30Silver.mp3 - The intro was a little different but once the guitars got going I thought it was excellent. Very good guitar playing and tone. Some of the fastest and most melodic guitar I've heard for a while.... I liked the double lead guitars throughout. Bass was pretty cool too but a bit low probably my cheapo earbuds. Good drums too. Mix was good. I liked it! I'll try to listen to more later.....

Oh what the hey - I listened to BungleHead once.... More nice guitar and bass playing. Drums were nicely stereo-ized (sp?). I need to listen to this on a huge stereo (or in my truck) to get the full effect. This would be nice to cruise down the road with just cranked!

bungle head (cause i like mr bungle)

maby a tad less comp on the snare, just a little then turn it up?
more on the toms, kinda like your snare comp, but less of it.

hi pass the kick (yea, i know what you're thinking) at about 60-70hz buncha subby stuff you don't really need.

try a slow comp time on the kick like 30 ms attack and 100(ish) release. get some good comp out of it, like 10db max (max) see how that sounds.

cut some bass out of the bass (yup that too)

are you eq'ing the gits??? sounds like maby no (or few) mid-low mid.... kinda stale. try a little less distortion next time. is that a pod?? or is it mic'd?

over all it sounds good, hope i helped. :)

Thanks guys.
I mic'ed a JCM2000....but the guitarists wanted all knobs at 10....tusk, tusk....so that one was out of my hands.
The only EQ on the guitars was to take the lows out. I think I might have taken a little out around 350hz on one of the songs...but that was it.

I'll play with the drums a little more too.
thanks again.

Back