Have a listen at these...do they measure up?

92_

Merry freakin' christmas to ya'all.

I've hooked up with this guy that says he can hook me up big time with some company. Ofcourse I've got a rather cynical view on the whole shabang but it's worth a shot.

Anyways, below are some of the beats that I've sendt him for him to show off to the proper "forces". Have a listen and tell me what ya think of them.
They're tagged all thru so don't be thinking about no beatjacking up in this.
By the way, feel free to comment on my tag as well...to often? To few of them? any tips appreciated. Which one of these has the style that's most likely to get somewhere...? I'm working on a broad specter on beats so it's good to have a clue. Appreciate it guys/chicks...(wouldn't mind seeing a few more of those in here though...hehe)

#1 - I like it. Drum programming is tight

#2 - West Coast feel. 2 for 2 so far. Nicely polished sound

#3 - I'm feeling your sample chops. This is hot.

#4 - Another banger, but I would use a morehip hop snare on this one, one with less reverb. I'm feeling MOP on this one.

#5 - This one is cool.

#6 - This is the most marketable one. It's one of them eiter or tracks(R&B/ hip hop) I'm feeling this one the most.

#7- This one is marketable as well, I think that the drums you use make the difference.

7 for 7. I'm a keep it real, you got some heat, and it takes a lot to impress me. Your trax are nicely polished. The last 2 are definately radio ready. Keep doin' it.

Yaow man! Thanks for the detailed feedback. Appreciate it alot.

I'm feeling what you said about one of the beats about that snare I used on it...it would probably be a better fit with a more gritty hip hop snare on it.

I took the liberty of checking out your shit as well, and it's hot material you've got there. B boy rocker's a bomb man.

Once again. Thanks for the feed. Means alot coming from someone hard to please and with skills.

-Nito

What did you use to create these beats? I'm currently recording a rapper and would like to learn more about recording this genre.

Your music has great balance and feels real polished. your tag is Nice altough i can't make out exactly what he is saying. it isn't constant which I like so you get to actually hear the beat. LIke was said earlier you last two are radio all day i think but the right artist on all of them would sound nice.... Impressive!

Good to see you doin your thing still Nito. What I've heard so far is good, but when I get some time I'll listen to the rest and give an all around critique, ya heard.

Also good to see you didn't just jump right into that without being a little cynical about it.

Thanks for the comments here, appreciate it big time. I had a feeling a couple of them would rise up and shine. Most of you run with a different style than what's gonna fly on the streets here, but I like to broaden my beat horizons as I go. Some of the beats you heard are directly targeted to please american listeners and the mainstreams market, and some of them are just down right grimey.

FattMusiek said:
What did you use to create these beats? I'm currently recording a rapper and would like to learn more about recording this genre.

It's not the equipment you use FattMusiek...In direct respons to your question: I used Nito...me...and my brain...and my years of experience.
When someone ask me that, I usually respond to them that I use 2 rubberbands and the lid of a trashcan to make my beats.
The fact of the matter is that you can make beats like this on any program. Cubase, Logic, Live, Reason, Fruity, any program out there. They won't sound as good as these though...cause there can only be one me...and I'm it.
There are tons of good beatbakers out there and we all choose our weapons wisely. It's the knowledge we have accumulated over the years that makes our beats sought after and wanted by others. Technology in itself can actually hinder your creative freedom. Start simple. Listen to other shit and ask question as you've done here.

Freebee hint for'ya...I'm based around a Reason rack...with twice the amount of cables you would get from letting the program itself do the patching for you. Start with Reason Fatt, and don't give up until you've learned to harness the power of it.

After reading the good comments from all of you, especially the part about polished sound I can't help but wonder if I'm searching for something I allready got. See...I never seem to get 100% satisfied with the technical aspect of my tracks...not enough shine, to much bass etc etc...I am looking forward to getting my hands on a couple of them LSR's from JBL cause then I will probably come as close as I can to a neutral reference monitor...and a empty wallet hehe

Bring forth the harsch comments Fieva hehe I'm a be around till dawn of death man hehe

-Nito

can i get number 3 to rap to... how bout i try somthin and if its dope you lemme get it! lol.... LOL... i said!!!!!1 LOL!

anyway... yeah the beats are ill... number two the drum pattern seems off at times, I dunno if that was intentional or not.

Now after hearing number 5 i might want that joint more... lol

props... the tag is weak... you should just not have the tag so i can jack ya beats... lolol...

im playin man... their dope tho...

tracks are hot!!

Yo Mein,
Your Chit Is Real Saucy,
I Like It,
I Agree With Murdock Some Of Your Drum Selections Could Have Been Better But Overall Your Knockin'em
See Ya At The Top
Chill

ThaArtist...drop me some demo of your shit then maybe we can talk about beats for ya, aight? I'm always lookin for skills to rep on my joints.

I tend to switch my drums samples everynow and then just to vary the sounds. Some beats have the standard setup with samples, while other ones I like to experiment with.

Anyone know of any skills that would fit some of these beats? Holla at me people.

-Nito

Back