Have a listen and let me know what you think

Not bad. Mix seems a little wide, there's a little too much high end, and vox could use some de essing. All stuff that comes with time. Not bad at all. (Listening on Sony cans... high end is prob exaggerated a bit)

Only distracting thing is delay on gtr. Seems a little off tempo. Gtr also seems a little "distant" where everything else is kind of close sounding.

Dig the tune though, and the vox. Not bad at all for a first post. Keep em coming.

Howdy. This song is moody, and I dig. I like the guitar and all, but yeah there are a couple of parts that don't seem to hit the mark time-wise. I like the harmonics you sprinkled in there though.

It's cool, nice job.

The lead vocal is excellent, the bass is completely lost, both in level and the low freqs. The guitars are also too thin. The groove falters a little, but its not terrible. Did you use a click? It would also be nice to hear some built up parts in the arrangement. The vocal has emotion, good pitch, and nice tone. Would you mind posting some details of how and what you did to record this.

Thanks for posting.

Marvellous voice, full of emotion and character.
The acoustics are little boring, lead guitar playing is good, kind of David Gilmour-ish, but too thin. Voice is mixed too far out front for my taste. Bass is very faint. Nice laid-back tune though.:)

Hey, thanks for the comments.

This was the first time I worked with this lady singing. She did a great job I think.

I was kinda thinking the vocals were a bit forward and the bass needed some more punch.

Here's how it was recorded:
3 acoustics, 1 panned full left and 1 full right. The other kinda floats in the middle. All recorded with an Sm81. EQ'd a lot of the low end out of all of them.

Bass was clean with just a bit of compression.

Lead guitar was through a POD.

Lead vocal was Rode K2, with a bit of compression. Then I added a bit of delay and some reverb. No EQ at all.

Neil

Nice. The AC guitars are bit too wide for my tastes. Maybe pull the dry AC guitars a little more to center and pan reverbs wide. As far the need for D-essing, I kinda liked the essy quality of the female voice. Thanks for a nice dark tune for a groovy dark day. Check out Cowboy Junkies, Trinity sessions.

I dont really know what I'm talking about as i'm no expert, but for me the vox were WAY too loud and need some high end scalped off.

Cant hear a bass, could really do with one. Lead sounds good but too bright, would sound better with a touch more verb but less upper mids.

The accoustic guitar sounds a bit boring bro, some more interesting picked sections would sound good imho.

:-)

I thought the lead guitar was a little harsh sounding. Too much bite to it and not enough low mid body.

The acoustic guitars sounded a little thin and distant.

The vocal is nice. But it's very dry compared to the backing tracks. They sound like they're in two entirely different places. The vocal is a little loud too.

Some timing issues with the acoustic guitars. Out of sync and off beat in some cases.

Back