Has anyone used CafePress.com?

stonepiano

I'm looking for the inside skinny on using www.cafepress.com for band merch.

No upfront costs they say, but are you really getting bent over on margins?

I guess my question is, do you use this place only if you can't afford to buy in some bulk the traditional way?

Miles

I had a shop set up quite a while ago, and if I recall correctly, they set some insanely high base price for your item (ie $15 for a shirt), then anything over that price is your profit. So, you sort of set your own prices, but it has to be over their base price. Basically, it ended up being too expensive, and we never sold a damn thing.

travis

Ignition,

that's kind of the vibe I was getting. It's a pretty looking store but I don't think it would work out for the meat and potatoes of merchandise. I suppose it doesn't hurt to set up a store incase someone wants a thong with my band's name on it, tho...:o.

ChrisM,

thanks for the heads up. I like what I see here. Now, I just gotta design a one color thing people won't be embarrased to wear.

Miles

I use Cafepress for selling merch via my website mainly because I don't have to worry about payments or shipping. I have sold some stuff but I really don't make much money with it, it's just for extra exposure though. I do like the thongs though.. wouldn't it be cool to hook up with a groupie and find she's wearing one?!? Here's my store.

Back