Has anyone tryed that song writing software.

Songwriting software?

Can you be a little more specific as to what it is you want to do. There is lots of software out there. Smartscore, Cakewalk Scorewriter, Finale, etc. that wil write what you play as you play it on a midi keyboard, etc. Or, are you talking about something like Band in a Box......which would allow you to just type in guitar chords and then pick a style and play a ruff arrangement of a song. They basically all work......just depends on what you're doing.

You need to be more specific.

Personally I think the songs you write should be completely your own, but if it's just for things like knowing which chords are in which key, or which chord progressions sound good (which you should be able to do on your own), then there are a lot of resources on the net for that, and I'm sure a lot of software too...

If you're talking about writing songs down, like a notation program, there is a free one called PowerTab at www.power-tab.net or Guitar Pro.

If you're talking about software that helps you come up with melodies/riffs, that's something you should do on your own.

well I dunno. Its a song writing software. Thats the name of it. I think its on zzsounds websight, but it might be in sweetwater.com wensightsight. I was just wondering about it

Grilled_Cheese said:
You need to be more specific.

Personally I think the songs you write should be completely your own, but if it's just for things like knowing which chords are in which key, or which chord progressions sound good (which you should be able to do on your own), then there are a lot of resources on the net for that, and I'm sure a lot of software too...

If you're talking about writing songs down, like a notation program, there is a free one called PowerTab at www.power-tab.net or Guitar Pro.

If you're talking about software that helps you come up with melodies/riffs, that's something you should do on your own.

Nah I write my songs on my own. But everyonce in awhile I like to use new words and stuff like that. And I think I need to get more organized with my songs.

So you 'tryed' the 'websight'?

I know this is the newbies forum, but come on.

-jeffrey

Back