Has anyone replaced ACID PRO with SONAR?

Yadi

I am thinking about migrating to SONAR. I already own ACID PRO. Will it be pointless to keep ACIC Pro? I could use this toward a competitive upgrade and save about $100. I'm just concerned that I will lose some editing features.

Opinions?

Good question. I'm working through it now. I like Acid's nice intuitive approach. I'm also used to recording tracks and loops in CW pro 9.03.

I now have the full trial version of Sonar and Acid Pro 3. I run this on win XP with my aark 24/96 (which is hampered by the on-going lack of WDM drivers..blah blah...)

Anyway, Sonar works alot like Acid but - admittedly - I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it, I can't seem to find the way to preview loops while the existing tracks are playing - which is a BIG selling point for Acid (to me anyway). It can probably be done but is is SO easy in Acid.

Now having said that, I DO like the way different loops can occupy one track in Sonar (unlike Acid) In other words, all the little loops on seperate tracks in Acid, can become one steel guitar track in Sonar.

I think I like Sonar - but for now I need to spend more time with it, and at the very least, I can export stuff out to Acid.

I'll let you know what I find (when I can find time to dig more)

i think there pretty much the same....i haven't used acid pro 3 extensively but i think its the same sh!t diff toilet
the only plus i would give Sonar is WDM drivers and thats only if u use XP or 2000

ACID's interface is very different and, in working with loops, I find it easier to use than SONAR. Since I already owned ACID from before SONAR, I just upgraded it and I still use it. But if I had to make a choice to get one or the other, it would be SONAR.

...but...

I just received word today from Egosys that XP doesn't support 24 bit with the wdm drivers. Now I'm really scratching my head...I guess I'm going to stay with 98SE and try Sonar, keeping Acid for whatever.....

Back