Has anyone changed a pickguard on a Tele?

TeleMasters

Has anyone changed a pick guard on a Tele? I have bought two over the last week and neither one fit correctly. The holes don't line up. I may have screwed up by buying a pick guard that wasn't made by Fender.

TeleMasters said:
I may have screwed up by buying a pick guard that wasn't made by Fender.
There ya go. I've bought Fender Pick gaurds for Teles, Strats and P Basses. They line up MUCH better than after market third party stuff (even if they are a little over priced).

Thanks Track Rat.. I was afraid of that. I could have bought a genuine Fender guard with the money I spent on these aftermarket knock-offs...

Well back to the search..

Thanks again..

why don't you just put your old pickguard over the new one and drill holes where the holes should be? Then you can put the new pick guard on properly. Unless you can return them, I guess.

DaveM said:
why don't you just put your old pickguard over the new one and drill holes where the holes should be? Then you can put the new pick guard on properly. Unless you can return them, I guess.

Well I could possibly do that but the holes are only off like half a screw. The biggest problem is that the thing is shaped a bit different and doesn't fit as snug and looks kind of goofy.

Back