Hard Rock Mix

mk_re

Hey guys,
Posting some of my work for the first time.
Here's my first mix of one of my bands songs, recorded at my home studio.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qz3kllzgnjd

Some of the vocals need re-doing.

Let me know what you guys think about the mix, if you have any tips/advice, all feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
MK.

lots of good stuff in there.

the guitars seem like they could use a bit more growl and the snare could sound a bit more real. the open hi hat part in the verses could come down a tad.

maybe a bit more bass presence??

i like the synth part a lot. nice job dude

Song is very good, very Linkin' Park.
I don't like the Autotune or whatever's on the voice, but maybe that's me. The guitars don't bite thru, they should actually push you to the wall. Snare and kick sound OK, though the kick seems a little loud, but do you have any cymbals? I can't hear those.....
This could be better with some more work. Good music though.

Joey :):):)

i like this :) I think its well mixed and the guitar sound rocks.

I pretty much agree with whats been said, the drums sound like they've been sequenced on MIDI, you could try different samples for the snare and add some dynamics by making the second snare in the verse beat a tad quieter (the offbeat snare) - the high hats are another place where synthesised drums fall apart in my opinion because they always sound much more isolated than a real high hat, that may be why jake the snake said turn them down? I'd agree there too

The growly vocals at 1:30 seem a bit "clean". They're good but they just sound like they need more, either more tracks or some reverb, or you could experiment putting them through some kind of gentle overdrive? I'll get shot down for saying that :p

Oh and yes, the autotune at 2:00 is well obvious and I really don't think it fits your style of music.

Nice song! I agree with the others on some points, the cymbals are too way behind annd the growls are okay but are really a bit too "clean". Other than that, I think it's a pretty good mix!

thanks heaps for the feedback guys! after working on it for so long, i was kind-of lost.
so the vocals still need work, but i have re-done the drums from scratch. hopefully these sound a little more realistic. i tried to make them a little more 'intense' aswel.

so here's the mix with the new drums. im sure you'll have no trouble hearing the cymbals this time. i just hope i havnt mixed the o/h's too loud. i just went with what i felt sounded right. personally i think they sound so much better than the old.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zorzltmenzy

Sounds just like all the shit they play on the rock radio stations. Might as well beg your local radio station to play it. Seriouslly :D

Back