Hard Drive Change/ Nuendo 2.2 Problems.

fretwire3d

I originally had a 30 gig hard drive. I transfered all the nuendo files onto a new 160 gig hard drive. All the songs worked fine on the old hard drive, but now the songs skip like crazy. Task manager says the CPU and RAM usage is fine, but on nuendo, the CPU usage bar hits max. When it hits the top, it skips. But this is the wierd part, sometimes the songs work fine.

Confused as Heck,
Nathan

it's an internal drive, an IDE. And DMA is enabled.

I bought a new UDMA cable today and it still wont work correctly.

fretwire3d said:
Could this be a IDE interface problem?

I wouldn't think so, provided this is an IDE controller that is built on to the mobo and not an add-in PCI controller card.

Is this a secondary drive or have you replaced the original with this new one?
Is the computer showing the new drive's full capacity?
When you say you transfered all of the Nuendo files over to the new drive, do you mean just the audio files? Or all of Nuendo?

crankz1 said:
I wouldn't think so, provided this is an IDE controller that is built on to the mobo and not an add-in PCI controller card.

Is this a secondary drive or have you replaced the original with this new one?
Is the computer showing the new drive's full capacity?
When you say you transfered all of the Nuendo files over to the new drive, do you mean just the audio files? Or all of Nuendo?

It's a secondary. The computer shows 148 gigs. It's a 160 gig.
This is the only thing a little off. On the primary IDE channel, on device 1 it says PIO is the current transfer mode. But it has been selected DMA if available.

Everything will work fine off the original drive, but when I use the new one it skips.

I have to finish this album by the 25th too!

Back