Happy Father's Day, mates!!

guitar ed

To all who live in places where this holiday is observed, I'd like to extend my Father's Day wishes. Most dads like to take the day and spend it with their families, but we're different, aren't we? When our families ask what we'd like for a Father's Day gift, we say, 'Honey, take all the kids, put them in the car, and drive to your mother's house for the day!'. We're a simple breed, and all we need is a full day to ourselves, alone with our beloved Sonar, with the phones unplugged, and no interruptions! Doesn't happen here, though! How about you?

ed

I sent my dad some old WWII movies. He is aging and he is not well and he just loves that stuff (served in the Pacific during "the big one" as he says).

My daughter wished a happy day to me this morning but I will be at work all day and night (12 hr shift plus commute), so no family time here. We would probably play nintendo and board games together. :cool:

HFD, mates...

Aaah...

All I did was sitting here.... here in the BBS for all day long... Monitoring things happen, lurking thru some older threads in all forums... PM'ing people... Sending Dragon couple of Email (which he never answers :( )... I tried to make some music, but I'm out of inspiration these days... I dunno... The only times I open SONAR were when I tried to find something new (hidden features ?) that I didn't know yet. Try converting MIDI CC to notes, re-read the manual, refreshing, etc... :)

Anyway, I've already bought couple of books for my dad, and they're given yesterday, he loved them so much. He loves to read for all his lifetime. Very smart guy for those who knows him well. I called him on the phone twice today. My younger brother is getting marry July 6, so everyone is taking their part on preparing it.

Hmmm... nice to see you finally come companying me here for a while... :)

;)
Jaymz

Thanks, Ed. Same to you, and to all the other Cakewalkers.

Had dinner out with my daughter last night. Probably have dinner out with my son tonight. In both cases, I end up with the check. Why is that?? :) :)

dachay2tnr said:
In both cases, I end up with the check. Why is that?
Because fathers are a walking, talking auto/home-repair/maintenance/endless cash supply/knower of all knowledge/fixer of all things broken.

--
BluesMeister (father of 2)
Except it isn't Father's Day in Australia

Thanks and same to you.

Got up early, read the paper before everyone else woke up. Did the church thing.

Ate a ham and smokey cheddar cheese sandwich for lunch. Then I went to Sam Ash as my wife told me to pick up something I wanted. Got a new Genesis 3 guitar module (the last one burned out) and the country expansion board for my JV1080.

Everybody indeed left me alone and let me putz in my studio. Was definitely the perfect dad day. Good food and a new toy!

Back