hands...soooo....cold

Nilbog

hello
So, its practically impossible to play bass with cold hands.

So when you guys are gigging, or practicing, what ways have you found to keep your hands warm?

Nilbog said:
So, its practically impossible to play bass with cold hands.

So when you guys are gigging, or practicing, what ways have you found to keep your hands warm?

I keep my hands in my pockets a lot. :)

actually, I dont like to rehearse or play if it`s in the cold. I have in the past bought one of those small personal electric heater/fans from WalMart. It's about 12 inches high x 8 inches wide and has a 2 speed fan with a coil heater core. They put out a nice warm breeze for about $25.

I had to play outside on the Mississippi River a couple of years ago during the winter and several nights it was in the 20's.

I found the answer.....the very best source of instant heat for your fingers is a hair dryer. Keep it plugged in and handy and whenever your fingers get cold....turn that puppy on and aim it at your hand and VOILA!! Instantly warm hands. :)

good call Bob - I think Ill try the hair dryer thing.

Thing is Im jammin with this new band and we practice in the basement of an abandoned house. That means no heat...

Its been cold as hell here in Utah for the last week or two....

Yo Nilbod! You know those chemical handwarmer things they make for deer hunters? There's a wristband made commercially that holds one right over the inside of your wrist. Check a major camping store.-Richie

Or just put it in your rider that the promoter must provide industrial heaters on stage... and heated dressing rooms.

Or just put it in your rider that the promoter must provide industrial heaters on stage... and heated dressing rooms.

Do some exercise 15 minutes before you play. It will raise your body temperature and get the blood flowing in your hands.

Trust me ya'll..........HAIR DRYER!!!
Once you try it.......you'll have one in your gig bag. They even work for the rest of you........if you get cold, blow it on your neck on those big arteries and you're almost instantly warm............I promise.

Lt. Bob said:
Once you try it.......you'll have one in your gig bag. They even work for the rest of you........if you get cold, blow it on your neck on those big arteries and you're almost instantly warm............I promise.

I'm outside tonight, think I'll pop the shrink wrap blower in the case and see what happens.

Two weeks ago I need a fan.

Lt. Bob said:

I'm outside tonight, think I'll pop the shrink wrap blower in the case and see what happens.

Two weeks ago I need a fan.

We played two outdoor venues during the Olympics in Salt Lake City. The bass player and I bought thin wool gloves, cut the fingers of, then placed those oxygen activated heat packets (made for hunters) underneath the glove on the back of our hands.

We slipped a couple more in our pockets.

When I played in a band in cold regions, we all used to drink alot of hard liquor, Rum especially. It helped alot.

Yeah.........that's one of the problems with the hair dryer........you have to actually bring it with you!!
:D:D:D

I guess I didn't explain it right. :rolleyes:

Back