Hammond for Sonar3

Porter

aka WookieMan
Now that Sonar 3 has VST support, a couple of nights ago I was doing a search for VST effects & instruments and found this FREE Hammond Synth... For those who already have one or have heard one could I get your feedback on this.

http://www.soundfonts.it/vst/beta/

I know this should be posted in another forum, however I wanted to share it with you guys...

Porter

It's great that there is free Hammond instruments out there! :)

But I'm still glad I got the best Hammond! :D
(But it's not free though... :()

The B4 is the best, but for a free one this one rocks I think. Good for cheesy organs. I like.

Actualy, I get used to one of the preset in my keyboard (Korg N364). I like it the most, though it's not that "wide"... I'll keep my eyes (and wallet) on B4, may be in couple months... :)

Good tip Porter.
Yeh, I have the VR3 and VR1 from Rumpelrausch Taips - I like it a lot. Only downer for me is that CC controllers are fixed and not assigned to everything. I thinking seriously of getting an Evolution UC33 controller - it has 9 sliders with drawbar mode. I've been toying with the Free RT Player Express VST host you can use if you have an M-audio soundcard. Interesting. I plan to build a pc just to run VSTi on.
I'll probably end up getting B4 but so far can't get on with the demo - it's spoiler tone is too long and cuts in too often while I'm trying to tweak the sound - why didn't they just use a short burst of noise?

Back