guitars vs. amp, whats going on?

gitrguy87

I have a Fender Ultra Chorus 2x12. My main guitar I use is a Schecter C-1. Plug it in, no problems. However, I just bought a Fender Strat and whenever i plug it in, I get major buzz and hum issues. Could it be the difference between the Schecter's humbuckers vs. the Fender's single coils? Any help would be appreciated.

Definitely. You could have interference where you normally play, and the humbuckers cancel it out. Also, you didn't mention which strat you have. Some of the less expensive models aren't shielded very well. If that's the issue, it could be upgraded easily.

goldtopchas said:
Definitely. You could have interference where you normally play, and the humbuckers cancel it out. Also, you didn't mention which strat you have. Some of the less expensive models aren't shielded very well. If that's the issue, it could be upgraded easily.

You can take Aluminum foil and put it underneath the the electronics on the Mexican Strats it quiets them right down. One of the things that they skimp on is shielding. we did it to my brother's strat and it worked like a charm.

Henry Mars said:
You can take Aluminum foil and put it underneath the the electronics on the Mexican Strats it quiets them right down. One of the things that they skimp on is shielding. we did it to my brother's strat and it worked like a charm.

WOW! That seems like that would be one of the most important things to not leave out, Are fenders getting that bad? :eek:

It could also be a weak ground to the bridge. Check the soldering on the wire which grounds the bridge. I've seen this problem on a number of mim Fenders.

just start checking things until you find the culprit. cabling, amp, shielding, grounding, pickups. Use your friend or a local music store to check your guitar/amp with other guitars and amps.

Back