Guitars under $400

Nearly three months later......

I finally bought a guitar. A new 2001 model Godin SDxt. It has a really minor cosmetic problem (few slight scratches). I paid $222 for it and a gig bag. It is going to be scratched up by me anyway, but I know some people like to put that first scratch on it themselves. I didn't care.
Thanks for all the help I got in this thread though. I seriously considered everyone's advice.

mmmmmmm....Yamahas from Mars.......
A 36 million mile import. Whao! What must the trasportation tax be on that one!:D

Hey guys don't get me wrong. I didn't say rock artist's didn't play Tele's. I said, " You won't find many rock band members" playing them. There are hundreds of manufacturers to choose from , and as the market has widened, players are choosing from a whole lot more than was available even 20 years ago.

A lot of those guys can make any guitar talk.

Re: Nearly three months later......

That_Abbott said:
I finally bought a guitar. A new 2001 model Godin SDxt. It has a really minor cosmetic problem (few slight scratches). I paid $222 for it and a gig bag.

You just made one of the best deals you will ever make on a guitar. Even at $400 these guitars are a steal IMO.

Its seems to me that the main guitars for Soundgarden were a Guild SG copy and a TELECASTER!

Sorry, I just got the AudioSlave CD and that came to mind first.

way late input

OK...I know you got the guitar already but for the benefit of others looking for a relatively inexpensive electric...try this one.
The EC-100 model by ESP...it's $299 and you can add a hardshell case and tax and come out below $400...I bought one of these about six months ago and play the living hell out of it...I have 8 other guitars including two Les Paul standards, a gothic Les Paul studio, ES-335 and even a mexi strat...about 8 times out of 10 I will pick up the ESP...It's bone stock, haven't changed a thing except to lower the action a little...check them out here:
http://www.guitartrader.com/itempg....itmid=31023&eflag=0&curitempos=14&numitems=27

And my $.02 about Tele's...I had one but sold it...It was a 1972 double maple and sounded pretty sweet...It was a solid body and I used it for blues and light rock stuff...The "country sound" comes from the semi-hollow body ones with the 'f' hole...Keith Richard plays one of the solid body ones with some success...

out

Back