guitar tuning and strings

SeppukU

im getting a seven string guitar and i dont know what to tune the seventh string to im sure this is a easy question any got an answer and i was wondering if dadario exl110 strings for 6 string guitars and 7 string guitars are any good if any of you have used them let me know what you thought thanks.

that is the only thing to know.

guhlenn

ps. it's kinda strange that you're going to buy a 7string and you don't have a clue about tuning... might wanna check out some theory first... at least the tuning part...

I think Vai used to use a high 'A' String, but everyone else especially if they are playing heavy stuff seems to use a low 'B'. Some guys use the low 'B' string and then tune the guitar down as well, dropping the 'B' string down as much as two whole steps.

I play an Ibanez 7-string and frequently change the tuning on the low string from a B to an A. The B tuning is most frequently used as it matches the interval for standard tuning. For instance, using an E chord on the first fret, you can play the open B and it is the fifth of the root. If you tune it to an A, and play an A chord on the second fret then it is the root of the chord. The key you are playing in can be enhanced by changing the tuning and deciding if you want a heavy fifth or root.

I use the D'Addario strings, the 10-56 gauges. I really like the low end on these.

I use the strings. They are the best economical strings. Change them often and tune it way down when putting it away for awhile. The tuning can vary.

Back