Guitar Tone

Not my cup of tea but interesting how you turn comments into a referendum on the poster's likes... almost like a qualification.

Wow, that's harsh.

Just as a point of reference, what do you consider the holy grail of guitar sound?

This is one example of what I consider to be a deep growling guitar tone.

[video=youtube;<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hmpl4dhQ3uU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hmpl4dhQ3uU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>]video[/video]

I finally have a guitar tone captured that I REALLY like.

Here's a scratch track with the tone:

- this scratch track is very repetitive, so no need to listen beyond the first chorus. The drum machine is just the cheap VI with Digital Performer, as is the lame-o bass. I've been trying to get this kind of deep growling distorted sound for a long time and I stumbled upon this.

If y'all like the tone, I'll tell you how I got it.

you say you really like this sound...then why ask for our opinion...? its your creation...build it,present it to the world without fear,go create more...:spank:

i really enjoyed the track :D it just kept bringing a smile to my face when i imagined you having such bad luck :lol:

ass for the guitar tone i quite enjoyed it, think it does sound good, recording is lacking in power perhaps but the acctual tone is good, kinda reminds me of certain queens of the stone age tones and eagle of death metal too,

you say you really like this sound...then why ask for our opinion...? its your creation...build it,present it to the world without fear,go create more...:spank:

Interestingly, I never asked for opinions. It's fine people offered them, but my intention was to share the technique for those who liked the tone.

Actually, I like it. I think it works fine for the song. I'm not sure I'd want to hear a whole album of it though...

Speaking of tone, your voice, apart from the fact that you have a yank accent, sort of reminds me of the guy in XTC - just a bit anyway...

I would, however, never pay for a track called "Shit's Breaking" - but to each his own, I guess...

Back