Guitar Synth's.... Worth The Money or Total Crap?

64Firebird said:
A long time ago Casio made one that rocked. It would sound like anything you wanted it to but you got to keep all the subtle stuff that guitars are best at like string bending. I wish I had bought one.

I worked with a guitar player that had the Casio. It was a black Strat. It wailed as a guitar. The synth setup tracked really well, but some of the stock midi patches weren`t that good, a tx81z module was a good fix for that. The batteries had to be changed after about 8 to 10 hrs.

I have a GR30 and the pick-up on a MIM strat. I enjoy playing with it every now and then. Works great. Some cool sounds. But I'm am acoustic guy, so the synth doesn't get the play it should. But I only paid 250.00 for the box and the pick-up, I already had the strat, so I'm not out of much while it sits there.

dtb said:
I have a GR30 and the pick-up on a MIM strat. I enjoy playing with it every now and then. Works great. Some cool sounds. But I'm am acoustic guy, so the synth doesn't get the play it should. But I only paid 250.00 for the box and the pick-up, I already had the strat, so I'm not out of much while it sits there.

Interested in selling it? ;)

Back