Guitar Rig and Cakewalk

tronus

Can i use the Guitar Rig software and record it?

I used to have a different question here but I figured it out. But now I have another problem. The Guitar Rig software takes the guitar from an input on my soundcard and outputs it using one of the soundcards outputs. Can i just connect the outputs that guitar rig is outputing through up to a pair of inputs on the sound card, then record from those? Or is there a way for my recording software to input from the souncard's outputs, using the software?

Last edited:
tronus said:
I used to have a different question here but I figured it out. But now I have another problem. The Guitar Rig software takes the guitar from an input on my soundcard and outputs it using one of the soundcards outputs. Can i just connect the outputs that guitar rig is outputing through up to a pair of inputs on the sound card, then record from those? Or is there a way for my recording software to input from the souncard's outputs, using the software?
That will work but is a poor way of doing it.

Guitar Rig can be used as a VST effect. Your tracking software should definitely be able to utilise VST effects/instruments.

Try recording a track of you playing guitar straight into the soundcard (or via a mixer whatever) then choosing an effect for the channel. There should be an effect there (possibly under a VST submenu) called Guitar rig.

Back