Guitar Pro does anyone here use it to write with?

I don't use it to write with, but I use it to keep a record of what I've written... have lost too many great ideas over the years because I couldn't remember that great riff / melody / chord structure I'd convinced myself I would remember, the night before.;)

I don't use it to write with, but I use it to keep a record of what I've written... have lost too many great ideas over the years because I couldn't remember that great riff / melody / chord structure I'd convinced myself I would remember, the night before.;)

Agreed. The same reason I bought a Zoom H2. (And those stupid little mini-cassettes before that.)

Fury... let me spell it out for you...

Both people who've answered your thread clearly already HAVE Guitar Pro...

And how is linking to the program's site "reviewing" (as per your other thread) it?

Go write a song or something... that's what this forum's about.

sorry my bad im actually lookin for people that DO write songs with it........

haha, I thought I might be the only one who used guitar pro!! I use guitar pro 4 to write drums, vocals, bass, guitar, and whatever else into a song. when I'm finished I learn it, stereo mix the drums in, and record everything else through a mixer.

haha, I thought I might be the only one who used guitar pro!! I use guitar pro 4 to write drums, vocals, bass, guitar, and whatever else into a song. when I'm finished I learn it, stereo mix the drums in, and record everything else through a mixer.
ya i love it!!!! it makes things a lot easier to show other musicians and helps them to learn your songs
Cheers Chris mb we can collaborate?

Define "write with Guitar Pro" ?

Guitar Pro 5 is a fast, fairly easy tool for writing scores and full songs for a variety of different instruments. Entire scores can be written and previewed on it in a manner not possible by writing by hand. The program is intended primarily for writing guitar tablature, but can just as easily be used for writing drum tablature and standard notation, as well as similar string instrument tab. The ability to save in a variety of formats can also be quite helpful.

Purpose of Guitar Pro 5
1. Guitar Pro 5 is a tool for writing and storing instrument scores, but is not intended to replace knowing the process of actually writing the score. If you cannot write out guitar tab or standard notation by hand, using Guitar Pro will be a very slow and awkward process. There is an interface to select notes by clicking on a piano keyboard or guitar fretboard, and the program will select the proper note, but both of these are very slow in comparison to direct entry.
Entering Notes
2. There are two main methods of adding notes to the instrument bar. The first is to enter the number of the fret on the appropriate string of the tab on the program. The second method is to use the up and down keys to move the cursor to the appropriate line on the standard notation. When in the proper place, simply push "Enter" to place the note on the notation. Sharps and flats are added by pressing the "Sharp" or "Flat" buttons on the interface. The rhythm for the note can be selected by choosing the interval from the note toolbar on the top left. Modifiers like dots or triplets can be chosen from the bar beside it to modify the standard notes. The program automatically keeps track of whether the bar is full, or has too few or too many beats.
Instruments
3. Instruments are added from the Track menu by selecting "Add..." There are two types of instruments, instruments and percussion. Percussion uses drum tablature. Instruments can use standard notation, tablature, or, by default, both. Different tunings and numbers of strings can be selected depending on the instrument. The tuning determines if the standard notation is treble or bass clef. The instrument toolbar at the bottom allows the user to select the displayed track and alter the mixing options for the track. The track can be muted by selecting the "M" check box or played by itself by playing the "S" check box. All tracks with "S" checked play at the same time. This only matters when the preview version is being played, which can be done by selecting the "Play" toolbar button or pressing the "Space Bar" on the keyboard.

:)

Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to document what you have written, but as for using it for writing a song from scratch, i wouldn't recommend it. I also use it to experiment with layering guitar and bass tracks.

Back