Guitar players, hang your head low...cause your favorite guitar hero could be next!

teainthesahara

"Hendrix". Worst movie, ever. Really, as far as these kind of movies go, this is a good example of “as bad as it gets”. It’s almost a parody. Jimi must be rolling in his grave. How do movies like this get made? I had a feeling this thing was going to be bad, but this was brutal. Jeez…bad acting (they took 6 on-stage expressions that jimi used, and played them out over and over, and in the most inappropriate contexts), bad script (non-factual, the story seemed more like a made for TV afterschool special a la “just say no to drugs”), bad music (the whole musical score was done by a horrible session band with cheesy tone and “straight”, out of the box playing – think muzak versions of Hendrix tunes; mix in a 1980’s casio keyboard between shots etc. etc…you will not know whether laugh or cry when you hear the vocals), and the “in the studio” scenes were a nightmarish! Basically, the whole thing felt like a committee put the movie together, and the one committee member who was in charge of “research”…hmm well, no popular music, historian, or Hendrix consultants were harmed in the making of this movie…they made jimi look like a babbling jack-ass…and I felt like a jack ass for watching this thing!

That don't even look like Jimi.
I saw a VH1 movie on Him thaT wasn't that bad but it still had some cheezy parts in it, like the actor trying to play guitar!

I agree the movie was pathetic. I don't even know why I watched it as I had a gut feeling it would suck. Well suck it did, with such a force that it created this strange sensation of making me want to hurl.

Tapehead said:
I agree the movie was pathetic. I don't even know why I watched it as I had a gut feeling it would suck. Well suck it did, with such a force that it created this strange sensation of making me want to hurl.

LOL!
I found myself murmuring at the TV screen, saying "no no no no no" during the more offensive scenes... The ultra low budget, spacey "Rainbow Bridge", while still no great movie, easily betters this recent dung pile of a DVD. The live version of "Hey Baby/Land of the new rising sun" kicks ass.

Back