guitar pedals

pedal

go with a looper with built in effects... you won't be disappointed. check out the vox lil' looper ,,about 150 dollars

You might get two pedals and have crap, running $5000 worth of guitar through $225 worth of noise. Or you could look at the Line 6 stuff. There's the Line 6 Floor POD Multi Effects Pedal; or the Line 6 POD 2.0. When I worked in NYC, all the guitarists use them for sessions. They would walk in with a guitar and the POD and have everything they liked and everything you might request all lines up. Check them out. They're a lot higher quality than those piece of crap noise generators called pedals.

No wonder there isn't any decent guitar tone available in commercial music.

Who the hell wants to sound like a NYC session player anyways?

Nobody I know.

Checkout Maxon, They can be hard to find but they are relatively cheap. I have a valve od distortion(gold in colour, i dont have it with me at the moment) from them and its great. Other than that I use an avid eleven rack and that has everything I need but its €700.

My favourite pedal is the Electro Harmonix Memory Man Hazarai. You can do all sorts of weird shit with it (ping pong, reverse etc) , or just stay with a regular taptempoed delay. Digital, sure, but it has one of those filter knobs where you can dial in pretty analog sounding repetitions. What I like about it is you dial everything in with knobs, there is no preset flanger for instance, but thanks to a modulation-choice you can dial in the delay to become a flanger, a chorus (yuck) or anything you like. It has a looper which is shit, it sucks, but just ignore that and play around and expect to get high from it.

I suppose the argument can be made that he has a 'raw' sound but I've never cared for his tone nor his playing.

Yup, it's raw. I like raw, but I dunno, nothing he's ever done has ever done anything for me. And he does a lot of folky acoustic shit. That immediately turns me off.

My favourite pedal is the Electro Harmonix Memory Man Hazarai. You can do all sorts of weird shit with it (ping pong, reverse etc) , or just stay with a regular taptempoed delay. Digital, sure, but it has one of those filter knobs where you can dial in pretty analog sounding repetitions. What I like about it is you dial everything in with knobs, there is no preset flanger for instance, but thanks to a modulation-choice you can dial in the delay to become a flanger, a chorus (yuck) or anything you like. It has a looper which is shit, it sucks, but just ignore that and play around and expect to get high from it.

I've never used that one, but always have mixed feelings about those bells-n-whistles boxes. It's cool to have all those options, but I only end up using the most conservative settings. Like I'm sure I wouldn't end up using the Memory Man for anything I couldn't do with a Memory Boy. I have that big Boss delay which also has a zillion settings, ping pong, reverse etc and I just never use em.... Same with my POG2...it can do all this bizarre shit and I only really use the +1 and -1.

Chorus is poo!

I agree. Poo it is. Phasers and flangers are ok though, right? I was born in the 60's (just).

Getting back to overdrive, I reckon a Maxon tubescreamer is a solid option. You can get these new with (almost) the same circuit as when they were first conceived of back in the dodgy '70's.

Also, a while back I bought a "Hellbender" pedal, made by a British company called Rothwell. It's a ripper.

Brento

Bought a Boss TR-2 tremolo today for 50 bucks. I love craigslist. My stupid pedalboard is almost complete. Gotta find a Flanger now.....

I bought the boss ce-5 chorus and I gotta say I guys I am pretty impressed! :D I also bought the polytune tuner which is quite brilliant as well tbh. I've got a gig on saturday so both these pedals will see their first outing there :)

being the contrarian that I am I started using my Electric Mistress chorus a lot since this thread of chorus hate began. I quite like it!

being the contrarian that I am I started using my Electric Mistress chorus a lot since this thread of chorus hate began. I quite like it!

That's because the Electric Mistress is a flanger with an adjustable delay time.

That's because the Electric Mistress is a flanger with an adjustable delay time.
nope .... it has seperate chorus and flanger sections .... I have the flanger off ....... sorry guys .... but I like and use chorus.

I like Youg's raw gnarly tone for his rcok tracks. The two go together well.
Whether it'd translate to someone else - doubtfull.
I also like the way he hammers his guitar & his solo playing.
Not pretty, not nice but sometimes, liek Motorhead, I need some of that bombardment.

Back