Guitar noise on BR1600

neogardguitar

Hey all

Been having trouble with guitar sounds on the BR1600. UI have an american made Fender Telecaster. When I plug in and use the effects the noise level is very high. Staticy yuck. To the point where I can't really use it on quiet songs. I tried swapping out the pickups to Fender Noiseless ones but it is not any better.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Neil

Iknow this sound basic, but just in case. check...

1) your input gain level on track one, make sure your not clipping
2) you overall input gain (knob below the track level knobs) make sure your recording input is around -10-15dbs
3) check your loop effect setting and make sure they are not cranked by accident for each track. esoeciall check your copressor settings, they may be up for some reason.
4) check the internal settings on whatever preset your using, everything from front to back. If your using your own created preset, maybe you left a distortion pedal setting on or somthing.

is this happening only on the playback or while you record/just playing your guitar?

I also have a noise (Hummmmm) using a guitar or headphones on a BR1200 but it stopped when I touch the 1/4" jack ???

One thing I've heard is trying to play while being 'physically' too close to the BR might create more noise than moving away from it. Also, the pre's on the 1600 don't 'kick' in until turned almost all the way up, but then you get more noise. To the extent you can crank them down some, it will help.

steve

A lot of the guitar sounds on the BR 1600 are hot distortion type sounds and just like when you have your amp on with a lot of gain you have to play around with levels to get a blend between HOT GAIN and OK noise levels . Also try moving back from the unit,sometimes this helps . TWEAK,TWEAK, TWEAK.

I experience similar noise with my electric... on many of the effects it sounds like a loose, rattling spring on a snare drum overiding everything else. To the point where I've been bypassing the BR-1600 effects and using my POD. I'll try moving away from the unit and see if that minimizes it.

I've tried by-passing using a Pod. I still get the same thing. I'm thinking my problem is guitar related as apposed o the Br1600. Am borrowing another guys guitar with humbucker pickups to see if that helps. I seem to remember reading somewhere that single coils don't work so well on the 1600.

I have no problems with single coils on the BR 1600, it may pay you to check that all your wiring on your guitar is earthed properly, check by plugging your guitar in and turn the volume pot up and down. Checking with another guitar is another way, also your leads, try different leads.

Try every possible external source first.

Are you sitting too close to a computer monitor ?

Are you using the actual guitar input for the unit ?

Did you try another patch cable ?

Had the guitar checked out yesterday and it is good. Was checked by 2 sources that I respect. One friend suggested that it might be the grounding on the electricity in my house. It is true that if my neighbour is using his power saw I can hear it in my headphones. My friend suggested that I need to ground my electrical line somehow. Yikes. Anyone have any idea what that's all about? The other guy I took the guitar to suggested I use my Pod and run it through a diect box before going into the BR1600. Saws that will get rid of some of the noise.

N

Back