guitar & FX recomendation

altiris

I'm looking for an electric guitar that stable for light to moderate rock to strumming. Most guitars I look up say they are made for heavy rock. Does it make a differance. Im turned off when it it says it was made for heavy rock in mind. One I am looking at is the Ibanez RG321MH. I want to use it with no distortion and with chorus. also with light distortion or over drive. I'm aslo looking into an fx processor. Any recomendation?

well i tested some but im botherd by the reviews on them. they say its for heavy playing. OK but who has bought one to be used for lighter stuff.

He's right on the money

Despite what manufactures say the basic sound of a guitar starts first and foremost with the player. Bob Marley and Slash play Les Pauls, neither sound alike nor do they sound like Les Paul.

Now most "heavy rock" players perfer a guitar with a humbucker but buying a guitar with that doesn't mean you can't get the sound your looking for. But you'll probably want to stay away from guitars with only one pick up in the bridge possition.

My sugguestion is to go visit your local music store, plug in a humbucker based guitar and then a single coil based guitar. Once you find a sound you like then try out other guitars of the like.

As far as processors The V-Amp or Line 6 Pod will pretty much give you all the options you need from a box.

You need to be more specific in what you consider light playing.

Also, I haven't seen many guitars advertised as "for heavy rock" other than metal guitars and beginner packages.

Look at it like this...if it looks like its for metal, it probably is. And the name Ibanez screams its for hard rock. Not always...but more than likely.

ok edzell now were getting somewhere. I just needed to know where to start. I usually play an acustic but I want start playing with some distortion. I've never owned an elctric before and just wanted to know where to start looking for my taste. I've used some one elses electric before but I want my own. I aslo want and fx with stereo out.stereo gives it a more full effect.
And what I mean by light playing is like non-distorted guitar.

The reviews on the Ibanez RG321MH were good. Sounds like a winner for that price range.

I haven't done much effects shopping lately but for $99 you can pick up a Digitech RP100 that is a very good bang for the buck item. It has 40 presets and 40 user set effects and it even has a built in tuner and drum machine. There is a headphone out which is handy when the folks are sleeping or you want to go amp free. This thing runs off batteries so you can take it with you in the car and jam away wherever you are (please don't jam and drive). Good deal if you ask me.

Good luck!

i've tried out the Digitech RP100. Its ok but its not stereo. I'm too stereo fanatic. maybe I'm way off on this stereo thing. The fx I'm looking for is a rack mount with balanced outs. Yea it sounds expencive. But I didnt see any at the music store I went to. I agree with anyone that says to try before you buy. Not to mention the store sells the ones on display. I want it to be a virgin. execpt for the one that manufatured any tested it. They can tuch it.

Back