guitar effects software?

dark_iscariot

I need a effects program, realtime, and no latency, that would be great! recommendations? oh yeah, i want to use the effects on the guitar, which is plugged through the line in.

No such thing as no latency. If you're just processing the guitar and not really doing anything else, then you might see latency in the 5-10ms range, which might be acceptable. You will need a soundcard that can do either low latency WDM, or ASIO.

Do a search for ampfarm , I think it's what you're looking for.

Slackmaster 2000

Dark Iscariot... Come on dude... you can't actually expect anything like a real response to that question. There is no such thing as 0 latency. As my good friend Slackmaster2K said.

If you want an effects processor for your guitar, then go to a Music store, look behind the glass at the tons of effects pedals and buy an analog effects pedal.

if you are looking for an effects Plug in for a PC/Mac system you might be running, then you might try a sort of half way in the middle type thing and combine software with hardware and get the UAD-1 from Mackie. it is a power DSP card that will take the load off your CPU, plus it has several high end great quality plug in, one of which is called "Nigel" that seems to be killer for creating guitar effects.

And in the future...

If you have a question you have to be more specific. Slackmaster answered your question as best he could given the info he was given by you. but I get the feeling that you expect that we all just know what you are tqalking about when, we just don't.

Not trying to give you a lecture or anything. by the way... do you listen to "At the Gates"? I belive they are from Götenberg. Have you ever listend to any of these:

Last Days of April
International Noise Conspiracy
Fireside,
At the Gates

I fucking love Swedish music. Even ABBA fucking rules, if you think about it.

It is possible to record with plug ins in real time if your sequencer/recording software can handle it and you have the right drivers for your soundcard. As was pointed out, you'll need ASIO or WDM. I recorded a bunch of stuff with ReValver and Sonar with latency that rivals hardware. In addition to Nigel and ReValver there is also Warp VST and a plug in from IK multimedia (I think it's called 'Amplitude')....However, for recording guitar directly to PC I highly recommend Line 6's GuitarPort. Line6 makes the Amp Farm plug in for Pro Tools systems. One nice think about GuitarPort is that it works pretty much like a soundcard , so drivers aren't an issue, and you get excellent sound quality no matter what kind of soundcard you have.

I should add that XP support has come slowly for GuitarPort, (but not like XP support for Aardvark slow)...There is a beta driver available for XP and Line6 promises full support for XP in the near future..

One more thing, the line inputs on most soundcards aren't designed for guitars....However, many soundcards designed for home recording do have an option for high impedance inputs for guitars and basses..E.g., the Omni Studio from M-Audio has these (this is what I was using with ReValver), Aardvark also makes interfaces with high impedance inputs.

alright thanks for the advices!

as for swedish music hehe, well at the gates are from gothenburg, as far as i know, dont like them too much though, i dont like the gothenburg-sound. Fireside is pretty nice though, last days...are ok, and TINC does suck now. They were okay but theyve gotten worse.

Back