Guitar Beaters

Who commits the most violence against their guitars?

• Fenderaphiles

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Gibson Gurus

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Taylor Tuners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson Junkies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Gretsch Greats

• Martin Manics

• Roadies

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Drummers

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
The Stinnett?
yep ..... I don't baby it at all.
When you play sax while a git is hanging from your strap the sax inevitably bangs into the top.
You can try to minimize it but you can't totally prevent it if you're gonna be playing rather than worrying about holding the sax away from the git.
So I have dings all over the top of the thing.
And sitting in close quarters with my other gear it gets dinged on the edges too when you turn around. Plus lots of Florida gigs are outside and super sweaty.
It's a guitar .... fuck it.

And I DO consider it valuable. You'd have to get north of 10k before I'd consider selling it.
But the reason I consider it valuable is because of how it plays so if I don't play it it's worth nothing.

Once again, I don't try to beat it up but I also don't give any new dings much thought.

Fenders are definitely durable! I Copped a squier p-bass neck and body refinished in nitro seafoam green for 50 bucks. Threw in some cheap tuners, a gotoh bridge, and a dimarzio pup and it sounds hella nice. Last night the output jack got yanked out along with part of the pickguard. Bent the jack into place and glued the pick-guard back together. The things still kicking!
Once I upgrade the tuners and shim the neck I would see it as comparable to my fender jazz in build quality and better in terms of sound :)

yep ..... I don't baby it at all.
When you play sax while a git is hanging from your strap the sax inevitably bangs into the top.
You can try to minimize it but you can't totally prevent it if you're gonna be playing rather than worrying about holding the sax away from the git.
So I have dings all over the top of the thing.
And sitting in close quarters with my other gear it gets dinged on the edges too when you turn around. Plus lots of Florida gigs are outside and super sweaty.
It's a guitar .... fuck it.

And I DO consider it valuable. You'd have to get north of 10k before I'd consider selling it.
But the reason I consider it valuable is because of how it plays so if I don't play it it's worth nothing.

Once again, I don't try to beat it up but I also don't give any new dings much thought.

Last year I played this big dumb hillbilly biker festival thing in Galveston. It was a huge stage, like 10 feet off the ground. Billions of people. Our bassist had his two P-basses on a stand right at the edge of the stage and for whatever reason it fell over off the stage straight down to the concrete. I was like holy shit! I would been freaked. He didn't care. Neither bass had any damage. There was a tiny little nick on the headstock of one of them, but nothing else. P-Basses are bad ass! :D

P basses are badass indeed. My friend has a p with the badass II bridge on it and I am eternally jealous. However I am also eternally cheap.

No surprise there are, as of yet, zero votes for Martin, Taylor and Gretsch owners. These are works of art, not just sonically but also visually, and I don't thank anyone would intentionally abuse any of them.

Back