guitar/bass di options...

Rassoodocks

ok... so, i'm most likely buying a sansamp for di'ing the bass... an opportunity to buy the art tps has come up with this... i've heard good things about it as a bass di.. but.. what is it like for di'ing electric guitar ? i only want warm clean di tone... i mic my cab for anything other than electric rhythm guitar... So, can anyone point me in the right direction here ? something like the pod is probably too over featured for my application, maybe a tech21 sansamp gt2 would be the ticket...

all suggestions greatly appreciated..

ps... i've been recording my electric guitar rhythm tracks by using my amps output straight into my aardvark 24/96...it's unbalanced, but seems to work ok.

The GT-2 pedal also works for bass guitar. There are some samples of bass recorded through various Sansamp pedals at their website. www.tech21nyc.com You might consider just buying the GT-2 and trying it for both instruments.

For electric guitar I think you would be much more satisfied using it, rather than the ART. I own both ART and Sansamp gear and the GT-2 is so much more like playing through a real amp. Sansamps are great for clean and semi-dirty rhythm sounds.

hrm, sounds inviting... i get the feeling sans amp stuff is more driven toward that clean sound.. where as something like the pod is aimed at more the modern guitar sound, which i'm not interested in... in any case, it looks like i'm going to get the sansamp bass di and the art tps for the bass recordings... i could get a sansamp gt2 and then use the art preamp for extra colouring anyway... speaking of the sansamp gt2... has anyone used the sansamp classic ? it has mixed reviews..

Thanks,
Rory.

i've got both the sansamp bass di, and the sansamp classic, and i dig both. i've got the classic set to sound like my fender deville 212. the bass di has a warm harmonic sound when blend is set to full, but you have to have something behind the sansamp to boost the signal or your recording will be weak.

my DI chain is:
1. guitar/bass
2. sansamp classic/bass
3. fmr audio RNP
4. tango24 d/a/d
5. wavecenter sound card

i was just reading about the country man bass di... man, that had a good review for double bass and most importantly, it was hailed for giving a great jazz bass sound, which i want.. has anyone had experience with the countryman and the sansamp di ?

Now THAT would be a lovely comparison.. they're about the same price...to my knowledge, but, i've got little of that when it comes to tech stuff...

Rory.

Back