Greetings, music lovers!

Sharkeye

My very first post! Please listen to my latest piece of work, an instrumental, chill, jazz, electronica… something. You will hear me play el-guitar, el-bass, and various of MIDI keys and drums. What I ask from you is an honest feedback: Is this good music - or is it not? I really appreciate your opinions here, fellows, no matter what!

(Note! The mp3 file has been removed by Sharkeye)

Last edited:
It's kind of interesting. Sounds kind like something the doors would of done. After 58 seconds it left me wondering if the song was going to go anywhere. You should write down some lyrics for it and add some kind of singing. I had to forward it to the end about a minute into it. And I skipped here and there to see if there was any more changes. 3 minutes of the same thing over and over is not cool. It could use some really noticeable changes to keep it interesting.

Thanks for answering, and for being honest. If you're familiar with some of the ambient stuff by Brian Eno, you will find that it's not about progression, at all. That said, my intention is not to bore you. Maybe I will tear it apart, spice it up, and rebuild it. Thanks again.

That distortion or crackle is not my favorite. Like scratched vinyl? I think it could be used in a soundtrack but only a short piece of it as it does need more variety to keep one going. Good sounds blended together. The mix is good - no issues for me there....

Sounded OK overall. I liked the bass tone, but I thought its level was a little too loud. Drums sounded good. i'd bring up the snare level.

I didn't care for the clean guitar tone. Just a little too sterile for my tastes.

I also didn't care for the crackles. Was there something internal clipping near the end? The mix didn't clip, but it sounded like clipping was going on.

I've discovered some internal clipping on one track, yes, and I'm working on some really good-sounding changes on the piece. Maybe you will hear from me again. Thanks.

Back