Greetings from Maine

Interesting... what does Windows say when you open the Zip file and click on the MRS4CDMG_E.EXE file contained in the Zip file?

Such behavior is something that would absolutely make me avoid Win 11 until I had no choice.

Sometimes (often) you have to unzip to a folder and then install. Unless MS really depreciated a lot of legacy functions, I would think XP programs would install.

Interesting. Reminds me of a similar situation. A friend told me he needed money to buy groceries. I sent him a prepaid card for $50. He then told me
the stores in his town wouldn't accept prepaid cards. I then sent him $50 cash - two 20's and a 10. My friend then replied none of the stores would accept
those denominations - only 5's and 1's. I suggested he go to the bank and exchange them. He said the banks wouldn't exchange them because he didn't
have an account with them. So he sent the two 20's and 10 back to me and I sent him $50 in one dollar bills. He then told me the stores wouldn't accept
his $1 bills because there was a coin shortage and they couldn't make change. I asked him if he had a credit card he could use - he said no. I suggested he
apply for one. Ten days later he called saying he received his new credit card with a $2500 limit and was off to buy groceries. He called me an hour later to
tell me the stores would gladly accept his card but none of their machines were working. Then I suggested . . .

Interesting... what does Windows say when you open the Zip file and click on the MRS4CDMG_E.EXE file contained in the Zip file?

Such behavior is something that would absolutely make me avoid Win 11 until I had no choice.

They send the MRS-8 package... Why I was hoping maybe someone on here might have an old install?

Best,
Steve from Maine

Interesting. Reminds me of a similar situation. A friend told me he needed money to buy groceries. I sent him a prepaid card for $50. He then told me
the stores in his town wouldn't accept prepaid cards. I then sent him $50 cash - two 20's and a 10. My friend then replied none of the stores would accept
those denominations - only 5's and 1's. I suggested he go to the bank and exchange them. He said the banks wouldn't exchange them because he didn't
have an account with them. So he sent the two 20's and 10 back to me and I sent him $50 in one dollar bills. He then told me the stores wouldn't accept
his $1 bills because there was a coin shortage and they couldn't make change. I asked him if he had a credit card he could use - he said no. I suggested he
apply for one. Ten days later he called saying he received his new credit card with a $2500 limit and was off to buy groceries. He called me an hour later to
tell me the stores would gladly accept his card but none of their machines were working. Then I suggested . . .

My story.... Don't get me wrong tho' I like the MRS-4.... Got one in mint condition, works perfectly, these darn smartmedia cards, and no way to export (yet)

Best, Steve from Maine

Back