Great River MP1-NV

Bowisc

It's here... and this unit is going to make some great Pre as a single channel (identical to the MP-2NV, two-channel).

Street: $975.00

Bowisc

Attachments

• mp-1nv.jpg
    mp-1nv.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 83
The first batch there were built have already been sold. The GR mic pres are not like other gear, Dan Kennedy personally listens and approves each unit before it ships so this takes times.

Because of the upcoming AES show we won't see any new units until after Oct. 10. Also some of the second round have already been spoken for.

Dan has done a great job on the MP-1NV and this little guy is built like a tank and almost as heavy. :) The MP-2NV is one of my favorite mic pres and if you only need one channel the MP-1nv is perfect.

I can't say enough about how many comments I get on the sound you can get out of this pre. The fact that you can drive the input into saturation and as well as the use of the impedence and load select gives you lots of options.

Here is a little better/larger pic MP-1NV pic.

My hats off to Dan for raising the bar once again.

Lee

Wide Awake said:
Uh-oh. I think I just felt my wallet getting lighter. :eek:

Wide Awake, your wallet maybe lighter but you now have a whole lot happier and better sounding wallet than before. :D

The bottom line on the MP-1nv or the MP-2nv is these guys are long term purchases. In otherwords 20 years from now this will still be a product that will holds its own and probably be worth more than you paid for it.

I look at the GR like I do a good mic purchase, its something I will hold on as long as I am doing recording. So I can confidently say that there will be NO buyers remorse with one of these guys. :)

Enjoy

Lee

www.20db.com
"Providing Passionate Artist with Inspiring Tools"

Last edited:
I agree 20db. I have put together a pretty nice home studio by trying to go slow and make careful, quality purchases that will stand the test of time. I'm someone who holds onto gear for a long time- note my collection of 80's synths and hardware.

I'm definitely going to consider the MP-1nv.

Back