great price on SM57's and 58's

Thanks for this; right now feeling very glad that I didn't get an SM58 a few months back for $90, instead opting to take a summer-sale deal on an ATM41a [Audio Technica's SM58] at the local music shop for $25. Funny how things work out, 2 bargains are better than none.

Thanks for the heads up... I may or may not get one... But this is the probably the best price one can find from a somewhat reputable place.

Thanks for the heads up. This is an excellent deal.
At $65 each, this becomes a "buy two, get one free" deal. :cool:

Agreed Rat:

After ordering one 58, I thought to myself- Self, you should get two for that price.

I almost bought the 57 too. Anyone have a good, controlled mic-shootout recording comparing the 57 and 58? I would like to hear how these two mics sound with identical H/W settings. I would be very appreciative.
D

No controlled shootout here. But I have a definite preference for the 57 over the 58. I find the 57 to be cleaner and flatter sounding than the 58. That being said, I don't actively dislike the 58. I find all Shure "sm" series mics to be rugged, useful and professional tools. There's a reason they've been so widely used for years.

Thanks for the input, Tom.

I ordered the 58 to add to my mic arsenal, for a different sound as needed for my VO spots. I have been borrowing and using a 58, when I want something that differs from my Rode. For that money, I may just pick up the 57 and test drive it myself. It would not be hard to get my money back on Craigslist.
D

Well dang.

I can't decide whether or not I need to get a 58 or ANOTHER 57

...decisions, decisions...

Back