Great info on soundcards & interfaces

Great link kesterdevine, would be very useful as a quick reference for some one who is ready to buy an interface.

Great info, Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out what sound card I need to get and was about to post some questions. That link is exactly what the doctor ordered...Thanks!!

Those lists compare features but not performance issues.

Don't buy a card until you KNOW what the issues are for that card.

Sure, specs are great when you're only looking at features and quanities. It is the quality and performance which you get from the members opinions, familiarities and proficiency of skill with the cards and interfaces here.

In fact, it looks like all the specifications are right out of the company product manuals. I would rather have useful, practical knowledge acquired through methodology and experimentation. That is the only true tested information that I want!

The thing to do is cruise sites like this and find out what stuff plays nice with other stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't buy ANY of the Delta cards. They're just too lazy about their fucked up drivers.

Search the BBS for issues about Delta cards. They should have an entire website just for the bitching!

That's strange. I went the route of visiting all the websites like pcrecording, pcvatech, etc, etc,. All the sound card company sites. All the homerecording sites. And when I was done I settled on the Delta 66 Omni Studio. Maybe I've just been lucky but I have'nt had a problem yet.

I do see they have had problems with their new drivers so I have decided not to load them till they resolve those issues. But I do agree. With knowledge comes contentment. The more you know, the happier you'll be with your decision on any card.

Back