Grace 101

caleb2438

Hello I was wondering if the Grace Design 101 would give my Gretsch Synchromatic a nice sound? Does anybody know of a signal processor that would give the electric a nice pearly sound? I don't have the money for anything at the moment but I'd like to start researching. Thanks again!

Are you talking about something for recording guitar direct? Seems like a guitar processor would make more sense than an expensive mic preamp.

Joel

Thanks. Ah yeah I'm talking about something to record direct with. I have my eye on the Grace 101 for a mic pre-amp but I see it has a hi-z input so I was just wondering if it would work. Can you give me a couple of suggestions that would be nice? say under 400? Thanks

I would think an Avalon U5 would be more along the lines of what you're looking for . . . but even then, I don't know that a DI is going to impart any dramatic characteristics to your sound -- It's probably not going to make it "pearly," if that's what you're thinking, unless of course your guitar already sounds that way.

Something like a Sansamp might be tailored more to changing the sound of what is being plugged in to it -- and will give you several options from which to choose. Not sure if "Pearly" is one of them, but you might find a setting you like, nonetheless.

The Grace DI will not give you a guitar sound that you would more than likely want to use all the time..Ditto on the U5 which I prefere for DI'ing guitar..Chessrock suggestion on the Sansamp would be worth checking out...They{Sansamp} also have the Little Tech amp thats pretty cool.Also Line6 stuff ect.

Don

Back