Got my new equipment...need advice

it WAS the network card:) all I had to do was disable it in network settings in control panel:) didn't even have to take it out physically.

phew ! i'm still batting 100 per cent. you want to try debugging big computer networks like used to do. this stuff is easy by comparison.
ok - now to monitoring. heres a better approach than using puter spkrs.
do you have access to a cheap hi fi receiver anywhere ? and a normal pair of speakers anywhere ? if so. send the stereo mix out of the soundcard into
right and left input of the receiver driving a pair of speakers.

plug your headphones into receiver headphone jack and use while recording.
later if you could afford it consider a pair of yorkville monitors if you have the money. or you might want to read the wharfedale thread on this bbs.
if you MUST use the computer speakers i need to know what your jack looks like . is it a male mini jack ? then i have a different suggestion. but in all honesty arch you shouldnt be using computer spkrs really.
what i outlined is way better. just look around for a used hi fi receiver in your local paper or pawn shop for 60 bucks. best buy in my area has cheap speakers for 90 bucks or the radio shack. they wont be the best.
but will be better than puter spkrs.
peace.

well I am monitoring through headphones via the mixer...with the output of the delta going into return in the mixer....but it's recording all tracks at once....kinda like "what u hear" with output soundcards:(

Any other way I can hear playback of my selected tracks(in yellow) and the current recording instrument?(red) and ONLY record the 1 red track? colors are for PT obviously...

forget about the other soundcard I'd rather do input and output with the delta. It's definetly a wiring issue

Last edited:
arch. the hi fi receiver method i posted becos it eliminates these type of problems. you CAN do it using the mg - but just a bit futzy.
the way i suggested is the way i do it. i only use the recording mixer for recording not monitoring as well. you have the mg set up wrong.
your routing n the mg the sound card output back out again.

Back