Got me some Event 20/20p but where is the Bass Thump

BigBee

I've got the Event's 20/20p for just a week now. But they sound so full I can't hear/feel that Bass Drum Thud very well ? I get a better perspective with bassdrum sounds on some reasonable add-on PC speakers because obviously these little things can't get as low as the 20/20p's. What is happening here ? Phase cancellation by room acoustics/wrong monitor placement ? Or do I need to get used to an accurate monitoring system ?
Anybody, any answers, suggestions ?

BigBee

20/20's

I have the 20/20p's. For like...1.5 or 2 years.
I love them FOR THE MONEY, but we really didn't kick down now, did we?
Try playing cd's you are very familiar with and dialing in the bass and high trim on back of the powered cab.
Whn I am too close, I can hear the full bass. I think the sinewave has no time to form (low notes move slower than big ones) orsomething like that. When I slide back, the bass gets full.
Good luck.

i've had the 20/20bas for almost a year now and i know exactly what you are talking about. at first i thought that the speakers couldn't put out any bass but that wasn't the case. you are very used to hearing bass thats over-exaggerated or emphasized.
i found that to get the thump that you are looking for you need to play your monitors loud. i usually mix loud when i'm doing the kick drum.
i wouldn't fool too much with the bass adjustment. maybe turn it up a little if you still feel you are having trouble with the bass.
eventually you'll get used the flat response of your monitors and your mixing will get much better
...listen to many many cds!

Back