Got a Question

Kevlar

Hey I was wondering what would be the best way to record an
acoustic guitar? I have a modest home studio set up and some of
my friends what me to record them ....I have a studio projects b-1
and vtb pre amp...I know i can get a pretty good sound just recording the guitar from a decent distance but i wanna know if i can just run out from the amp into my line in and if that will sound better? If anyone can please help me in this matter it will be appreciated very much ..thanks

Kevlar

Kev, kev, kev...

This is about THE most asked question on this forum. Suggest you hit the search button and scroll through the thousand threads on the subject you'll find.

On the other hand, you could just position your mic at a random logical point and move it round a bit to other logical points and then perhaps feed in a bit of direct from the guitar or amp(?) until you get a sound you like.

It'll be quicker for you that way... and you'll learn heaps.

Sorry Man

See like i said i don't know much about it but i usually do search before i bother someone...but thanks for your help anyways..

kevlar

6" from the 12-14th fret. Point it anywhere from toward the sound hole to up the neck depending on how much bass you want out of it.

Another way is over the shoulder of the guitar player.

I suggest a new keyboard to fix your enter key which apparently has a wad of gum under it.

Back