Goodbye "Equipment Forums" and so long

chessparov

Have chosen to seek mellower posting waters in other BBS's.
The "inner hippie" in me wants more peace and less war,
regardless of whomever/whatever is considered right or wrong this week. :D

Been fun though overall, and look forward to seeing many of you elsewhere. Including the "Event" forum here, which has been taken over by us singers. :)

Chris

P.S. Wishing everyone a happy upcoming Holiday Season.

Oh come on chessparov, you need more backbone... because your input and opinion is greatly needed here to help keep things balanced. Maybe just take a little break if need be... but, don't leave.

Its very easy to spot a thread thats been overtaken by BS, and then just ignore it from then out.........

Hey Chris--

We need you here. We may disagree on a couple of things but you're a brother and member of the community here. :)

Yea, how many other encyclopedias of all things dynamic microphone related are there to pick up the slack? :D Who's gonna' be there to tell me the difference between all the old electrovoice and beyer models out there? Not to mention all the ribbons. There's too many of 'em for us to keep track of!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
(although the backbone I DO have is getting a bit stiff :D)

We can call it an "extended vacation" then, for an indefinite amount of time.
Will be putting more time into my business, along with some
vocal training. Have some project ideas/goals in kind.

Please remember our username personnas are only reflected in the two dimensional glow of a computer screen.
Like the glory days of radio, our imaginations conjure up specific
perceptions of all the "actors" in our little play.
It's easy in that light to have misunderstandings, and it can be harder to forgive those who seem to be unshakably adversarial.

It takes a lot of courage to be the one who makes the first move, when you think the onus is on the other party.
Most anyone is unable to express themselves as well online,
compared to over the phone, or face to face.
Normally that's why they're relieved when someone else breaks the ice first. We all make misteaks. :D

O.K., I'm off my soapbox, hope it helps somehow...

Chris

As far as my "recommendations", they're only designed to start MY vocal mic collection $$$ value to start zooming upward.
So buy a bunch of EV 666's on e-bay will ya'?
(if they's "dead" they's no fix'n no more)

Chris

Bring the sunscreen and the babes.
Uh oh, just remembered I'm still hitched.
A six pack, a pizza, a Shure SM57, and a RNP then.

Chris

I have often felt that while email and bulletin boards are great tools, the communication can be a bit misleading, in that you don't get tone of voice. Therefore, stuff can "sound" pretty terse when it wasn't intended to be.

Now I have no idea which particular thread perhaps got out of hand, but in general I think it's important on this board to avoid trashing people or equipment. That's just my opinion, or bias. For example, I often come across people who will say they "hate" this or that form of music (I've done this too often myself), forgetting that musical taste is often a heartfelt experience... Expressing hatred for certain music, or trashing some piece of equipment can easily be taken as a personal insult because tastes and purchases often involve very personal investment. Another way of looking at this is to remember this is all ultimately about great recording, not just great equipment. It's ultimately about people who want to share and receive insight, not about machines, I hope.

One of the things that attracted me to this board was the sense that I could ask a dumb question, (something I'm very good at!)but not be treated like an idiot.

Personally, I think strong views on any given topic have more weight when they're expressed in a manner that doesn't need to resort to personal attack. I think it's too bad someone who's obviously shared a wealth of knowledge here feels they need to step away... I respect the decision, but I take it as a personal reminder to express my views as carefully as I try to make my recordings.

chessparov said:
As far as my "recommendations", they're only designed to start MY vocal mic collection $$$ value to start zooming upward.
So buy a bunch of EV 666's on e-bay will ya'?
(if they's "dead" they's no fix'n no more)

Chris

As long as you're taking a break, can you stay off ebay for awhile? I'd really like to buy some mics, too. :D

Peace. You will be missed.

Thanks fresh, my little house has no more ROOM for any more mic's.

If anyone sees me bidding on an e-bay item,
and you really need it, let me know.
I've backed off more than one time because, at the present, it's solely for enjoyment.

Thanks billisa.
I truly believe it's a good rule of thumb to praise in public (like the internet), and first constructively criticize in private (PM, etc.).
Beyond any right/wrong evaluation regarding people's actions or attitudes.

This whole messy affair has gone way out of hand. How could Liza have allegedly beaten up
David so much? :D

Over and out...

Peace,
Chris

I'm not referring to this BBS, but in general. It's my observation that the internet, by allowing people to be anonymous and create little characters around their own minds, is a breeding ground for those suffering penis envy and other psychological deficiencies. I've seen ebay discussions where people ask for help and people say "well if you're that stupid, you DESERVE to be ripped off for $2,000" and stuff like that; and not just one person, LOTS of them have such attitudes. I've had crap from little donkies like that, and I'd like to give them the opportunity to say it to me personally, but hey, just consider where it came from.... There are ladies and gentlemen, and there are other creatures. Advise the moderators of what the nutbars are up to, and otherwise ignore them.

GREAT, NOW WHO IS GONNA TELL ME WHAT TO BUY?
IF NOT FOR YOU(NO DYLAN JOKES, PLEASE)
I WOULD NOT HAVE MY RE 20 OR MY MATCHED PAIR OF SENNHEISER 421'S.

iN hiS nAME
BK

Big Kenny, you do know you have your caps lock on, right?

'Cause if not, you just blasphemed twice.

Edit, and save your soul from the fire!

MP

Hmm, post #144. Interesting.

Back