Good wave editor to complement n-track?

Shepherd

(Crossposted to General - Computer & Sound Cards)

I did a few searches and tooled around the forums for a few hours trying to find something that answers this precise question, but no dice. Here goes:

I'm a relative newbie using n-track and a Delta 44 on a 1.1G Duron (I know, I know) with 256M RAM on WinXP.

I'm looking for a fairly simple wave editor to complement n-track. Since I'm a n-track user, you can probably infer I'm interested in shareware.

There are a number of options out there...Goldwave, FlexiMusic, Acoustica, and probably a whack of programs I'm not yet aware of.

Is there one in particular in this "strata" that is singularly well-suited as an n-track complement? I obviously like spending $20 or less, I don't have access to lots of music or software stores where I live, and I like the whole indie element of shareware anyway, so I'd rather my dough go to a hard-workin' programmer rather than an old version of Big Name software.

Thanks!

What is N-track? A recording medium? Never heard of it. Hmmmm.
I'm looking for a new multitrack. Is this a good one?

I used the one that came with my SB Live. Worked for me...didn't use it for much though

SS454 said:
What is N-track? A recording medium? Never heard of it. Hmmmm.
I'm looking for a new multitrack. Is this a good one?

Yes it is a Multitrack program. A very good one especially for the money. You can download the demo here.

Blessings, Terry

N-track rocks guys!!

I use cool edit and sound forge as editors, not the full fledge versions, but ones that came for free with various soundcards. Either works fine for my needs, but I use cool edit more often.

I think both programs might have demos or even free versions.

I'm with ya on the whole support a strugglin programmer thing! If any one is too cheap to buy N-track, they better find another hobby!

Rock on!
Pat

I use Wave Lab and sometimes I still use Goldwave which is shareware and actually works great. As far as N-tracks goes, many have no clue as to how good it actually is. For the money you cant beat it , you cant even come close. I have others that are far more expensive and most like Cakewalk just plain suck, but hey I like Cakewalks plugins so It wasnt a total loss and they work in n-track.......
Myx

Back