Good Microphone , Alot Of Noise , Low Amplitude

fatfunk

i have a SoundTech Microphone ... and i don't want to buy new SoundCard because it's expensive...
and i Work on Cool Edit...
i prefer working on noise reduction ... but i need a full step by step explination how to do it ... please ... i tried to reduce noise...but the sound gets bad ... and if i Amplitude the sound ... the noise amplitudes with it !
please give me ways to get good recording with good mic without new sound card !...
i'll appreciate it...:)

Last edited:
i have a SoundTech Microphone ... and i don't want to buy new SoundCard because it's expensive...
i prefer working on noise reduction ... but i need a full step by step explination how to do it ... please ... i tried to reduce noise...but the sound gets bad ... and if i Amplitude the sound ... the noise amplitudes with it !
please give me ways to get good recording with good mic without new sound card !...

You are going to need to get an A/D converter with a preamp and a real microphone.

:cool:

I know you don't want a new soundcard, but, you will not be able to get good results with what you have. It's like saying I am poor and in college and want to drive a car to school but only have a bus pass. How can I use my bus pass to drive a car to school?

Scrimp and save, watch e-bay, kijijii, craiglist. Even new, you can get something better than an internal soundcard for $50-100 that WILL make a huge difference.

If you are serious with quality, buy a decent sound card and a mixer. Even as simple as Behringer Xenyx 502 connected to your decent sound card (audiophile 2496 or even creative audigy value, if you are on the budget) can produce quality recordings.

You need to connect your instrument to the Xenyx 502 mixer, then have the mixer connect to your sound card. Noise reduction in Adobe audition won't help much, because if you are doing that it will drastically reduce the quality of the overall audio if the signal is not well recorded or amplified.

Back