Good grief, Charlie Brown!

I remember your previous thread and ensuing discussion with many about this, and I maybe mentioned a Gibson and the “robot guitar” thing. Build good, quality classic instruments at 3 different consumer price ranges and grey areas between and they will sell.

I remember your previous thread and ensuing discussion with many about this, and I maybe mentioned a Gibson and the “robot guitar” thing. Build good, quality classic instruments at 3 different consumer price ranges and grey areas between and they will sell.

Junior says “ I want a genuine Fender Stratocaster”, offer a MIM (good instruments btw) for 5 or 6 hundred bucks without a Chinese laser printout finish.

Junior gets better and says “ I want a made in USA Strat similar to how they were made in the good ol’ ‘80’s” Offer a good American made guitar with no bells and whistles or changes true to that era for 2 thousand bucks or so. junior gets real good and wants to start one-offs and customization, have your best luthiers on hand and ready make it for whatever it costs + materials + a big percentage markup for the time/knowledge to be able to still practice that art and have it handed down for decades more

Why would this be a surprise? YSL sells sandals that cost $900. I can buy sandals for less than 1/10th of that at half a dozen stores.

I don't think it stupid that they try to sell stuff like that, I just think it's stupid for people to actually BUY stuff like that. If I had $100 million, I still wouldn't spend money on overpriced "image" brands.

Why would this be a surprise? YSL sells sandals that cost $900. I can buy sandals for less than 1/10th of that at half a dozen stores.

I don't think it stupid that they try to sell stuff like that, I just think it's stupid for people to actually BUY stuff like that. If I had $100 million, I still wouldn't spend money on overpriced "image" brands.

There’s plenty of guys that will buy stuff like that. Never play them, they’re just ‘show off’ trophies. Stuff that says “look what I can afford”

Reactions: TAE
There’s plenty of guys that will buy stuff like that. Never play them, they’re just ‘show off’ trophies. Stuff that says “look what I can afford”

May need to take a mulligan on this one

Attachments

• 243FF70B-CAD6-44D1-BABF-F2AF84A72BE3.jpeg
    243FF70B-CAD6-44D1-BABF-F2AF84A72BE3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
But in fairness I wear these with purpose: the more my old fat ass flashes Chinese knock-off brand names the skinnier of bitches I can go home with slobbering drunk. If these slides weren’t Nautica, add 30 lbs and 45 mins addl conversation to my getting laid that night

Attachments

• 1A8E6FC1-1E9D-4EC6-A067-DA6A86C1EA9F.jpeg
    1A8E6FC1-1E9D-4EC6-A067-DA6A86C1EA9F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Back