Good God It Took Too Long To Get A Draft Of This Together!!

auburncatfish

I could really use some constructive criticism on this tune. I'd been sitting on this and fiddling with it for some time, but have finally cobbled a 1st draft mix together. It's an acoustic-esque song, but fast enough that it's a little different.

All comments are welcome, I'd really like to fine-tune this one, and need all the comments I can get. Thanks all!

Andrew

Be advised, it starts loud so you may want to adjust your volume accordingly.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=969500&content=music

haha "good god"! ah recording it sucks and its awesome all at the same time.

it sounds good. very full sounding. usually acoustic guitar stuff sounds so thin, but the mullitracking of all the guitars sounded good and not too cluttered.

How many guitars are there anyway?

zero - thanks for confirming my suspicions that the vocals were (as always) buried. That's seems like the tough thing when you're mixing you own music - your own tenativeness comes into play.

grey - thanks, there are 4 guitars in there, panned different ways, plus a bass.

Reminds me of the GooGoo Dolls, pretty nice song. Why not add drums and bass? Voice has good character, although here and there you've got some pitch problems. You should try to redo some lines. Also you could try compressing it some more, so it won't fight with the guitars. Guitars are recorded pretty well. Nice work.

Joey :):):):)

I'd love to do drums on this, but no have no drums or fake drums/fruity loops abilities. If anyone wants to take a crack at it, I'd be all for it. Message me off list if interested.

The pitchy voice...dangit, I was afriad of that as well. Will have to try some parts again, good to know, frustrating to get right.

Nice song. I like it. I agree the vocals are too soft and hard to understand, but only in a few places. The guitars sound good. This song could really rock with some drums and bass as suggested before. Even some sparse electric in places. It's a great start.

Back