Good books on composition for EDM-based genres?

CDKC

Hi, I know music composition is NOT genre specific. There are books on the subject that are sometimes genre specific.
Suggestions on music composition books overall because I always fancy a good read? Thanks brah's!

Some of the Berkley books are good.
Ricky Rooksby too
And I can't think of the others right now but this is a start

I looked into this when I first started. I found it is a combination of music theory, seeing what is trending, and what are some guidelines for composing. If you do some research you can find a lot of information. I don't know any books, but many instructional videos and articles.

What's EDM?

Equal Deception Music, it's music designed to decieve the mind into believing major record companies can fool you into believing all of the genres for the last 30 years in dance music (including minimal house) are all in fact ONE genre, when they aren't. They know that most consumers are dumb so this kind of skulduggery will always work unfortunately

equal deception music, it's music designed to decieve the mind into believing major record companies can fool you into believing all of the genres for the last 30 years in dance music (including minimal house) are all in fact one genre, when they aren't. They know that most consumers are dumb so this kind of skulduggery will always work unfortunately

lol! :d

Equal Deception Music, it's music designed to decieve the mind into believing major record companies can fool you into believing all of the genres for the last 30 years in dance music (including minimal house) are all in fact ONE genre, when they aren't. They know that most consumers are dumb so this kind of skulduggery will always work unfortunately

I would equate the term "EDM" to "rock", "metal", or "country". It's so broad that it's mostly meaningless, but it gives some vague idea of what you'll encounter. Rock probably has guitars and drums; metal probably has distortion and screaming; country probably has patriotism and trucks; edm probably has drum machines and synthesizers.

Back