Good Beats

thugpassion

I want to use my PC to make beats. I've written many songs,but got beats for only 2 of them with the help of a friend. I want to do my own thing now. Can y'all tell me the best software I can use to get off-the-hook beats?

P.S.
I've posted a similar question under another topic, but no one replied. Please reply. Thank you!

Yo! B, on the computer doing beats, hmmm lemme think, you can, but you can also purchase an MPC2000 to do beats, I mean from your name "ThugPassion" I'm figuring MC or R&B singer, so that would be cool for you
(just for beats of course) and you can link it to your computer. But there comes a problem when you want to add strings, chords and such, unless you sample them (the MPC does that also) but if you play, your limited

if you wanna avoid all the real hassles of midi (learning how to program it to record) i would go with acid pro 2.0 .. if you have any sort of keyboard you can make your own fully original beats using acid pro and then even record the vocals ... its a really great program with cool editing features.. and as far as sampling goes , it works just as well.. just rip right off a cd digitally with no signal loss.. and then down the road when your feeling kinda spunky , you can link up a sound module thats made specifically for makiing hip hop to your midi keyboard and have some fun..

- eddie -

Hope this topic isn't finished because I need some info from some of the masters in here.
When I first starting getting into creating music, and recording it, I always used my keyboard for drums. Lately I have been really trying to sort a find my niche, and have came to a conclusion that my style, is centered around a Groovy Hip Hop sound.
The question is, what can I do with a Rythm Machine, such as Korg's Electribe ER1; or Roland Groove Box that I might not be able to do with my Alesis qs6.1. I am sequencing from my computer software that has a drum program.
As far as simplicity in creating a funky beat,(ie preset beats) what else can these machines offer me, and is it worth investing in?
Thanx for any responses.

penfloor95 ,

check out the BBS at www.synthzone.com and ask the same question..the guys over there know more about making hip hop and rythm machines and the likes at that bbs.. its in the same format as this one..

- eddie -

Do you mean breakbeats or just plain drum patterns?

I personally think that Cakewalk + SoundFonts are PERFECT for regular beats. With some good off-the-net soundfonts I was able to achieve many pretty darn nice "like-on-the-radio" grooves.

Plus, it really helps me to have different kinds of drums on different tracks because often I need to change certain drums' velocity. Different velocity for good drum patterns is very important. A loud repeating hi-hat can be disturbing, or a snare which is too quiet doesn't let you feel the "power" of the mix).

Back