Gonna try my luck here

bamboo

Hi all,
Nobody seems to know how to deal with this problem:

I have Audiophile 2496, latest drivers, Sonar 2.0, Win2k (SP1).

When I try to audition a .wav file prior to importing it into an existing audio track I get "Cannot play the wave file" message. Everything’s fine with a new blank project though. I can open .wav files in other programs while Sonar is running.
In Sonar Options/Audio/Advance “Share drivers with other programs” is checked. Audiophile is running at 48 kHz, all .wav files and Sonar default for new projects are 48 kHz too.

Another hint: if I change ANY setting in the Delta panel Sonar will let me audition a wave file BUT ONLY ONCE, I mean when I close the "Import" window and open it once more, Sonar yet again would not play the same file! Weird stuff... as if the Delta panel needs a kick in the butt to wake up :)

Any ideas folks?

I don't know, but a general sollution is to download SP3 (wich includes SP2). SP2 is known to fix several multimedia bugs in Windows 2000.

How about the audiophiles "allow control by other applications" tick box? Maybe Sonar is immediately reseting the delta cards options?
Are the .wavs you're trying to load the same sample rate as the card and Sonar?
What happens if you launch the .wavs in media player? (Assuming the Audiophile is windows default audio playback device.)

Thanks Jim, will try that. As for wavs I'm trying to load, they are all the same sample rate as the card and Sonar. The .wavs play in media player alongside Sonar OK.

I'm starting to think of a fresh install. It'll take me a day or two but it may iron the bugs out.

Try Options->Audio->Advanced-> and under "Playback and Recording" ensure that "Share Drivers with other Programs" is checked. That might do it.

I find I can audition .WAV files that are 44.1kHz 16-bit, but get the above mentioned error when I attempt to audition 44.1kHz 24-bit audio .WAV files

bamboo said:
Hi all,
Nobody seems to know how to deal with this problem:

When I try to audition a .wav file prior to importing it into an existing audio track I get "Cannot play the wave file" message. Everything’s fine with a new blank project though. I can open .wav files in other programs while Sonar is running.
In Sonar Options/Audio/Advance “Share drivers with other programs” is checked. Audiophile is running at 48 kHz, all .wav files and Sonar default for new projects are 48 kHz too.

Any ideas folks?

OMG
I am having this same problem. Has anyone ever experienced this one? And if so, any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated
Jacksondog

Back