Gone away....

Sounds pretty good to me. I think the main rhythm guitar could use some thinning out. It's got a bunch of low end, and when the bass comes in, it builds up a little. Just try and take a couple of db off the bottom...no too much. Just enough to give the bass some more space.
Other than that, the progression is pretty cool. Sounds like a good start. Drums seem pretty clean, and have decent space.

Cool tune man.

thanks dog....I agree....still just rough mix...seems to me to be too repetitive at the moment....kind going for a Tom Petty kinda vibe on this one....the progression needs to go somewhere else... :confused:

Cool groove here :D
Drums sound real good to me.
there's something about the bass.. sounds like it could use a drop in the 250-400Hz midrange and/or as Dogman said, you could do a high pass filter above 40Hz... that usually works for me to remove "boomyness"
Cool rhythm sound. Like the vibrato type sound that comes in.
lead electric sounds a little thin, maybe double track that with two slightly different tones.
Definitely a Petty groove, maybe throw a harmonica solo in there
ANyway, just some ideas... sounds cool overall ;)

Nice tone on the very first guitar - sounds like it's mic'd (is it?) cause I'm feeling some room.....

Second guitar has equally nice tone (tremelo/chorus/flange) and the speed is good.....

Drums are nice and clear, especially the snare. You mentioned a new setup would be happening in your last thread and I think it sounds great.

Only thing I'd change is the lead solo - sounds too processed - maybe too much distortion pedal. Could go for a fatter tone with more OD. Not a biggee - just a personal preference tone wise....

Song could use song vocals now to finish it up. It's a good song, nice progression.... :D

snake dog: that's a great idea!!...I'm suprised I didn't think of that...I gotta do a harp track now! :D .....any mic suggestions for that?.....

ido-...I used the line out of my vox valvetronix for all the guitars..
I agree about the solo..I'll work that out!! :) ....thank you both for listening.

Well, the line out on that vox is pretty good and those two guitars (rhythms) have really great tones. The digital effects give it a nice sound - even sounds mic'd with room in it. Cool!

brandrum said:
snake dog: that's a great idea!!...I'm suprised I didn't think of that...I gotta do a harp track now! :D .....any mic suggestions for that?.....

Yeah, definitely could hear harp rocking in this tune... I've only recorded a few harp parts so i don't know much about mic suggestions, but if you see that Walter Tore dude around here ask him... he has some sweet harp sounds :cool:

Nice drumming. I like the sound of the arrangement best when the heavier guitar comes in around 2:00. The guitars are sometimes a little pitchy. Track's got a great feel rhythmically.

Tim

i think your cimbals are holding your sound back some.
possibly you're overhead mics/pre's, but that's a dragon that's kinda hard to slay. (without cash)

sounds good.

tim-thanks for the listen. I agree about the pitchiness...I'll end up retracking everything and I'm gonna make sure that I play those parts. :o

mtx-thanks for the kind words sir!

giraffe- again, I agree...I'm using pg81's, between those and my tiny dead room, It was a real nightmare to get them to sound as good as they do...which isn't saying a whole lot I know......so now I'm on the search for new overheads....hell...even the audix fusion 15's that I sold :mad: were alot better than these.

Hey rum!! Love the tune. Great intro!

Good drumming. Gets my body moving.

Good guitars. Touches my heart.

Good arrangement. Sounds like a real song.

Good feel to it. It makes me feel strong.

Just needs some "You can't make me cry lyrics!!" :D

Makes me wanna sing. ;)

I have been listening for a couple of days now.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This puts me in mind of something and it has been driving be batty, trying to get it!! :D

Thanks True!!...my #1 goal is to always get the body moving!!... :) :) right now it's pretty bare boned....I hope to improve this quite a bit...damn it's hard to drink and type... :o...i've been tinkering with the idea of putting some mandolin in this on top of the harp...???

brandrum said:
Thanks True!!...my #1 goal is to always get the body moving!!... :) :) right now it's pretty bare boned....I hope to improve this quite a bit...damn it's hard to drink and type... :o
LOL! That it is! Just go Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel Sloooooooooow!!! :D

You're welkom rum!! :)

Back