going shopping.

drumboi

i'm planning on taking a trip to guitar center tomorrow to get some recording stuff. as of now, i'm using a $10 mic going into the mic in of my laptop. i plan on buying a firebox tomorrow, which is quite a step up. i'm excited.

here's a list of what i'm going to buy, i plan to spend about $500:

-Presonus Firebox
-Shure SM57
-mic cable
-mic stand
-maybe some drum stuff.

is there anything else you guys recommend buying for my small recording setup?

i dunno man. it looks pretty good. Just make sure to ask them for discounts. just come straight out and ask them, "Can I have a discount?" They will most likely give you one or atleast give you one for free. That section of the store can't really give you that much of a discount. But the cheaper the better. And if you shop there a lot make sure to tell them that you are a customer that will keep coming back. (By telling them this, you are telling them that you are gonna give them commision. Good luck!

If ur working on a budget and want a mic and drum stuff,the AT2020 is very badass for $100,and for $70-$80 you can get cakewalk kinetic.You get preset emulations of sounds from great insruments like the MC909 and a good amount of effects to tweak it to your own personal sound.

Back