Going Home.... instrumental.

GuitarTricks

I need major feedback on this....

ANy comments welcome
It's basically done with live with Cubase VST...ie, no midi stuff
So far it's just the instrumental.

It does remind me of 'Top Gun'! :D

Sounds like the recording is decent... If this is going to be movie soundtrack stuff, I think it's good..The guitar tone is good, but the electric sounding drums are too up front for my personal taste....WAIT!!!!!! The guitar solo just kicked in.....nice. :cool:

Some of the synth sounds are a bit 80's, but that's ok for this type of stuff I guess...

pretty cool..

later

B

Its got that 80's sound for sure (you and mixmkr need to get together). I'd have brought the crunch rhythm guitar up a bit. I REALLY dig the drums. Solid kick and snare. Great lead chops, I'd have just got it in there sooner. Where you going with this? It does have that "sound track" quality to it.

I think it's a pretty cool start! I would definitely bring that guitar up, especially with all the nice feedback you're getting out of it!

heh... I was kinda suprised at the feedback that I got. It's a direct line in through an overdrive pedal & the feedback happened cause I left the computer speakers turned up while I was recording it.

Spent the day doing a remix

Basically the same but with more time spent on each fader.... tried adding a backwards guitar sound and accidentally erased a part of the original guitar track so I've been in major edit mode all night trying to fix it.
Still gotta do the vocals.

Looking for some more feedback from anybody who can spare a coupla seconds.... mainly wondering if the acoustic guitar on the extreme left & right channels sounds better left in the background or right out front like it is in this mix... and whether the bass is too cheesy for modern tastes or if it's retro & kewl or corny or whatever...
thanks!!

Peace & Grooviness
schmange

Schmange's Guitar Tricks
http://www.schmange.com

Thursday, May 16, 2002
2:51:30 AM

Nice tune..I liked the guitar leads but I thought the Drums and Bass could've been a bit more imaginative. especially the drums need variation.

yeah... I tend to agree with ya. I'm not a drummer so I basically do each piece of the drum kit one at a time... record the hi-hat first, snare second.. then set up the toms for the rolls and spend 2 days fixing the timing errors. If I started adding in all kinds of Neil Peart stuff it sounded really fake. Even the tom rolls on this one sound out of place to me.
It's my first time trying the live drum thing so hopefully it'll get better with experience.

Peace & Grooviness
schmange

Schmange's Guitar Tricks
http://www.schmange.com

Thursday, May 16, 2002
1:21:35 PM

Back